Home Forums Trinity Track Counseling in Suffering Situations

This topic contains 83 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Roberta Leps 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

Please enter your comments and thoughts on Counseling in Suffering Situations here.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 1 I remember studying Habakkuk and thinking his heart was truly God oriented. His hatred for sin and evil were made evident in his anguish. I have to say that I could not understand why God used the Caldeons to punish Israel. I just think that given God’s power, he could have punished them without utilizing anyone. His decision to do that still is a mystery to me.

bchiagouris
      Participant

God’s sovereignty can be perplexing at times to our finite minds. I think understanding God’s omniscience and that He is orchestrating all our circumstances for His glory and our good must be at the forefront of our thinking. When I struggle to understand situations that occur in my life; I remember Romans 8:28 and Proverbs 3:5 which brings me peace.

PBob
        Participant

Very enlightening, thanks Barry

PBob
          Participant

1. The professor points out that we as counselor, bring or own hurts and sufferings and that will influence our counsel. The big ? in 1 is; If God is great and Good….Why does he allow evil to exist? We live in a fallen world on a broken planet and we all have experienced suffering and pain at some point. Some more than others. This helps us share and council others in their pain.
          There are 4 propositions to be considered in understanding evil.1) God exists 2) God is all powerful 3) God is good 4) Evil exists. Biblical Solution to Evil: 1) God is Sovereign and in control over His entire universe! (Joshua 10:12-14) God is one owner of everything-(Adonai). God has absolute authority! 2) God is Holy 3) God is Personal-Capable of relationships, speaking and responding to His creation.

MeriLynn
        Participant

Always comforting verses and I run to them often!! Thanks, Pastor Barry😊

Roberta Leps
        Participant

His ways are higher than our ways. We can’t even fathem His big picture. FAITH

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 2 This is another area of the Bible I have a hard time getting my arms around. I have never really understood why God even had a conversation with Satan, I cant understand how Satan was allowed into Heaven to talk with God and I cant understand why God gave him the time of day. I do get it that Job had all returned to him and the end was better than the beginning but I just don’t get it that God would have a relationship with Satan.

bchiagouris
      Participant

Lesson 2 concerning the book of Job has always been a mystery to me. Should we take Job in its literal context, or as a book written by the writer to illustrate an example of God’s sovereignty and ultimate purpose for our lives. We know that nothing unclean can enter heaven, so is it possible that Job should not be read as literal history. Hmm>.. Michelle Arnold (Apologist) writes “For theological truth is set forth and expressed differently in texts that are variously historical, prophetic, poetic, or of other forms of discourse. The interpreter must investigate what meaning the sacred writer intended to express and actually expressed in particular circumstances by using contemporary literary forms in accordance with the situation of his own time and culture.

coopertlc123
        Participant

Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to have that. I also appreciate your candor. Sometimes we tend to spiritualize everything and that is not always what is called for.

MeriLynn
      Participant

Also, the professor made it clear that Satan was created to be a good angel and he decided to rebell against God. I think they spoke long before this Job event (if we can take it literally) and I don’t think that Satan entered Heaven again after he was cast down. This story always bothered me too as I felt great compassion for Job!!

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 3 I have had multiple occasions of severe suffering especially from October 2014 thru 2015. I thank God that my faith and trust in Him were strengthened. When I compare my suffering, which trust me was all most more than I could bear, but when I think about Jesus’ suffering I can not help but become overwhelmed and ashamed of my periods of self pity. He is certainly the role model to show us that suffering is necessary and is not something he asks us to do that he wouldn’t or didn’t do himself. To say I am humbled is a huge understatement.

PBob
      Participant

Yes, it makes us humble. And here we are….
      3. The compounded experience of pain and suffering for the Christian: Suffering comes to the Christian, because of his relationship with Jesus Christ and living in a fallen world. 1st Cor. 10:13 “No testing has come upon them that was not uncommon to man.” Tragedies, pain and suffering in this world should be an alarm system of God’s pending judgment. Oh boy, are we having fun yet? I want to be in the non-suffering program. Jesus suffered for us and set an example of how we should handle suffering. He took upon on sin and conquered death.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 4 Sin is worse than suffering; we all deserve to die; we live in a world of absolute unfairness and injustice; to take up your cross is to prepare for suffering; these are all harsh realities that we spend our entire lives learning. When I look back at suffering situations, I can honestly say that what I learned and gained spiritually was well worth the suffering. I didn’t think so at the times of suffering but without those times in my life, I probably would not be a Christian today.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 5 Corrective discipline is something I have needed several times in my walk with God. He has not hesitated to use it either. The corrective discipline was progressive and I can replay them in my mind. I remember in each case I was brought to the point where I was broken and crying out to God, “God I am sorry and I get it. Whatever you want me to do, I will do it. Nothing else matters but You.” You would think someone only needs one of those corrective disciplines, but not me, I needed several. I thank God that he never gave up on me and he was willing to do what ever necessary to bring me back to Him.

PBob
      Participant

Thank God we made it this far.
      5. The purpose of God in our suffering cont. Education and wisdom to make us more like Jesus. Endurance builds character but I think it sucks and want to turn and run. Not all suffering is punishment for sin. Know that we are developing Character in our suffering and must keep in mind our future rewards and the Crown of Life. Suffering can drive us away from God if we don’t trust Him.

Cheryldoerfel
        Participant

So suffering can either drive us away from God if we don’t trust him or it can encourage us to trust him more. We have to make a choice.

MeriLynn
      Participant

My story as well…and AMEN!!! What a true revelation when we realize that God loves us THAT MUCH😍

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 6 The part about encountering suffering with Joy is an interesting challenge. I am thankful that Joy runs deeper than sorrow or pain. I remember lying in the hospital not knowing if I was going to live or die. I felt no fear in dying as I knew I was a child of God. I do remember experiencing moments of joy when I reflected on that.

PBob
    Participant

2. The World is darkened by SIN! God did not create evil but permits it to accomplish His purpose. Satin was not created to be evil but through free will choose to be evil and God let him, which sanctioned it. Adam and Eve rebelled and caused total corruption and now we are born in this condition.

MeriLynn
      Participant

Exactly… How wonderful that God made a way for us to leave that curse behind and have communion with Him!!!

Cheryldoerfel
      Participant

I thought the Adam and Eve part was interesting, and that creation, as a result of man’s sin, doesn’t fulfill its intended goal. It’s not the way it’s supposed to be. That creation is now a disappointment, it is spoiled, and it was meant to be something else.

PBob
    Participant

4. Pain and suffering should inspire us to be closer to God. It has in my life for sure. I am not sure if I knew that discipleship is a call to suffering that I would have wanted to be. I will not turn back. The attacks from the evil in this world have increased tremendously which make me know I am doing the “right” things today.

PBob
    Participant

6. There are many unbiblical responses to suffering that we have all probably gone through at some point in our lives. When the professor says that some suffering is preparation for future ministry, I believe that much of my past suffering has been to this end. To oversimplify this course, we must ALWAYS look to God with joy no matter how bad it seems at the time of the suffering. God will see us through.

Cheryldoerfel
      Participant

Persevering with patience, no complaining, that’s a hard one. Glad to know God doesn’t blame us in our suffering. We need to endure. He mentioned self-control and how we treat others when we are suffering. I thought that was important.

PBob
    Participant

7. Yes 7, just wanted to say this was nothing like what I expected before starting this course. I thought it would be about helping council others in their suffering. It of course will help us do that but by focusing on dealing with our own suffering. Very Good!
    Thank you Dr. Dial.

Gary
    Participant

Lesson 1: This was an excellent introduction into the concept of good vs. evil and how they relate to God. It starts to address the difficult question of “why Evil exists if there is a good and omnipotent God”.

Gary
    Participant

Lesson 3: I understand from experience that suffering brings people closer to God but when one is going through many of the traumatic events that they experience in life it can seem at times like a heavy burden. One can only make sense of this by realizing the suffering that Jesus faced for mankind which makes the suffering we face seem small.

Cheryldoerfel
      Participant

Yes, I have not given much thought about Jesus suffering. Not a pleasant topic but necessary and important.

MeriLynn
      Participant

These have been the hardest two years of my lifetime and honestly, it did draw me closer to God! To be able to reach out to Jesus during my cancer ordeal was the greatest gift that God ever gave me!!

Gary
    Participant

Lesson 5: This lesson indicates that “Suffering can drive us away from God if we do not respond by faith in Him.”

I believe this course has a strong link to Christian Apologetics in the sense that it helps deal with very important issues that Atheists and others use to dispute Christianity, namely “If there is a God, then why does evil exist and why does He allow all the pain, suffering, and tragedies to exist if he has the power to stop them?”. I find that these are some of the main question(s) that need to be addressed for unbelievers and believers alike and this course helps to answer these questions.

Cheryldoerfel
      Participant

I agree. I know a few people who turned away from God after experiencing tragedies in their lives. They couldn’t answer these questions and their faith wasn’t there.

MeriLynn
      Participant

Yes, the answer is in your first statement…they had “no faith”…and as Cheryl said, they chose not to go the way of faith if they did have it! Sad.

Gary
    Participant

Lesson 6: I liked the professor’s teaching method that periodically summarized the lessons already taught. An example of this that was provided at the beginning of this lesson was “Session 1: God is sovereign over evil but He is not the cause of evil; Session 2: Evil exists because of man’s disobedience to God; Session 3: God is the savior from evil. He alone can give meaning to suffering. He is with me in suffering; Session 4: God can enable me to learn from my suffering to make me more like his Son.”

The Psalms are important to us in how to deal with trouble as they show us how to talk to God.

Cheryldoerfel
      Participant

I am enjoying the Psalms more as I get older. I enjoy The Message version.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 1:

The prof got my attention basically stating we must be equipped thru scripture to help eachother. Not that we should help each other, or it is nice if we can, but that we need to. It’s vital, yet almost too personal

MeriLynn
      Participant

I think we are confronted with these questions and hurting people whether we want to be or not as we walk life out as Christians… So much better to have an answer or to be able to bring comfort during these times!

Roberta Leps
      Participant

Like Dr Dial said, there’s a price to pay in counseling, because we literally take on some of the pain while doing it. I see that in the smallest encounter. I literally feel like I’m taking some of the pain. Feeling it in my heart and tears. I believe we do this more than we think even in daily conversations with friends, aquantences, CO workers, family. As Christians we could be having dozens of mini counseling sessions in the average day if you really think about it… and yes, it’s our responsibility to be well equipped, and what could be better than to be equipped and ready with God’s word, and possibly even personal experience to share.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

This ain’t the way it supposed to be. After a long laundry list of reasons for sin in the world, professor really makes you think about our daily decisions

MeriLynn
    Participant

Lesson 1

I love Dr Dial’s summaries as he began to get us on the “right page” for this study. I cried when he read from the Russian author … I have also had a hard time with the suffering of children! I appreciated that he laid out the problems of the evil of suffering and how the study will help us deal with them (source, sufferings of Christ, exam of purposes and response to suffering) and also the intellectual, moral, natural, degrees, evil for the unbeliever and of the believer…very interesting! Discussing the character of God refreshed my memories and discussing the seven unbiblical views of Evil were helpful too. I like to know the names and the why of it! I have relatives that are Scientologists and that was a good explaination for me to hear but it makes me all the more sad for them!

Cheryldoerfel
      Participant

Now I want to read “The Brothers Karamazov.” I’ve read a few other books by Russian authors and they really think about/bring up a lot of questions. It’s interesting to see how people thought about and tried to figure out things. I feel like people don’t think about these things anymore.

MeriLynn
        Participant

I agree, Cheryl. Too much “communication” going on in so many other venues for us to stop and “think” period!!!

MeriLynn
    Participant

Lesson 2

God is Holy, Soverign and Personal… I love that God is above all yet for all. He stands behind good and evil but He is FOR good. Evil is charged to secondary causes through Man’s free will but is NOT greater than God’s Soverignty. Whew!
    I am settled in the thought process of “fallen world-broken planet”. It explains the why of it…but dealing with it and sharing that with hurting people is another matter. The story of Job and his faithfulness is inspiring but it always makes me sad that God needed to put him through it to prove a point to Satan. I liked Barry’s answer to this dilemma.
    To explain how bad things happen to good people, however, and how our choices, individually and collectively, within our personal world and in the Natural world, create the problems, hurts and losses, is a difficult task at best. This lesson is so helpful.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Lesson three seems with great joy comes great suffering. I think of family members don’t know Christ and the real agony that results

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Lesson four

Suffering with a purpose is a tough concept. Like the professor, I to ship my fish that God. First time was in 1975 when my dad died… shook my fist at God, silly microphone text technology. The second time was in 1983, while in my desperate loneliness spent the entire Thanksgiving day and night by myself with no family or friends…due to my poor behavior and decision making. Those were the toughest eight years of my life. I’ve been forgiven much and Will be forever grateful.

tomdoerfel
      Participant

To clarify, in 1975 I became very bitter and antagonistic, and in 1983 God spoke to me after I had nowhere else but “up” to go

MeriLynn
        Participant

I have been there also and I’m forever grateful for having been there and how God has used it for good!!

douglasleps
      Participant

Hey Tom…. You can ship us some fish any day.

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 1

There are so many interesting questions about suffering. The definitions of good and evil are simple and make things easier to understand.
    Good-all that is consistent with the character and will of God
    evil-all that is contrary to the character and will of God
    Also, the goodness of God is God doing what is best for us.

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 2

God rules over the world to bring about his purpose. He did not create evil but is sovereign over evil. God chooses not to stop evil, so He ordains it. God enables those who come to Christ to overcome evil with good. God permitted Satan to use human and natural resources.

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 3

The thought of Jesus suffering God’s judgement for our sins, for my sins, is overwhelming. But that is not the end. Jesus death gives meaning and hope to our suffering. Jesus conquered evil.

MeriLynn
      Participant

Amen, Cheryl💕

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 4 Jesus showed his power over spiritual and physical evil, and also the evil of death. In the Bible, Jesus explained that pain and suffering may not be due to sin, and that it can be used to drive us to God. Also, Jesus endured suffering with patience and used it to bring glory to the Father. He also ministered to others while he was suffering. Christians are called to be like Jesus and should be prepared to suffer. God works all things to accomplish his purposes.

MeriLynn
      Participant

I never knew that I must be “prepared to suffer” before coming to Christ. I understand it today and it is amazing how He has used my adversities in hindsight!

PBob
        Participant

Amen!

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 5

I was a music major in college and the music department’s motto was “Suffering builds character.” That message was in this lecture, along with other things that suffering does. It develops endurance and helps develop wisdom and maturity. It gives opportunities to bear fruit and gives you a future reward, the crown of life. It helps you to learn to be content and helps you to comfort others. It gives you the opportunity to experience God’s power in your weaknesses and stimulates generosity. Most of all, it encourages believers to trust God.

MeriLynn
      Participant

Perfectly said, Cheryl…thank you! I feel I need to copy that down and put it on my bathroom mirror!!!😄

tomdoerfel
      Participant

Your college moto that suffering builds character makes me think of the sports moto. From a different perspective, sometimes suffering reveals our character before we can build on it…

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 6

The contrasts between unbiblical and Biblical responses to suffering were eye-opening. I fall into some of them more often than I’d like to admit. It’s a good reminder to focus on God’s sovereignty, goodness, etc. Also, it was interesting to see the things Joseph learned through his troubles.

MeriLynn
    Participant

Lesson 3

Unrepentant non-Christians have a hard time understanding evil and suffering as a part of their own actions. I have worked with some that think of life as “so unfair”…and they totally forget that they played a part in the outcome! Only through realizing that Christ went to the Cross for them allowed them to make a fresh start. Understanding the suffering of Jesus and that we as Christians must suffer because of our association with him is a hard concept but is totally the truth. Feeling thankful that Jesus has dealt with my sin and that in all my earthy suffering, I have him to walk through it with me, makes it doable. What agony they must feel alone in the dark!!!

MeriLynn
    Participant

Lesson 4A

Because I am so far behind ( I still have to redo 2 Series as my half done tests were stolen with my car!), I will not be taking notes. So, I’m going to comment on both A and B to try to make this process a little faster!!

This lesson, with the description of the horrendous treatment of Jesus literally had me in tears! I know I have cried before when I considered what he went through, but never did I really internalize the darkness of his loss of “connection” with his Father!! It makes the Cross all that much more precious a gift.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  MeriLynn.

MeriLynn
    Participant

Lesson 4B

Suffering in order to lead to God’s purposes is totally a part of the Christian walk…be it our personal suffering or walking through the suffering of others with them. The Gospel of Paul always brings me to a new revelation of commitment to Jesus because of all the times he was beaten down and rose again stronger and more on fire for spreading the Gospel. So amazing!!
    It is said that their are no Atheists stranded and floating in the Ocean. We all cry out to God in “fox hole prayers” before we come to know Jesus! But we also cry out in our suffering and so draw closer to God. God uses adversity and will turn it into “good” for us, if we will but let Him!

MeriLynn
    Participant

Lesson 5A

Suffering develops spiritual endurance and Godly wisdom. Suffering creates opportunities to witness for Christ. Suffering develops Christian character. I have found that all these are true and I have experienced them personally.
    Our suffering can be used by God to lead others to Christ if we but show endurance and our trust in God while we are in situations that would be difficult to face or endure. I have even found that suffering, as in the case of Job, can be educational if we look for what God is trying to show us or teach us. And then…there is just plain old suffering because we live in a fallen world on a broken planet!! Sometimes there just isn’t a “reason”…sometimes “acceptance” is the Key and Trust is all we can do. And remembering that we serve a good and loving Father who has a plan for us for His Glory!!

tomdoerfel
      Participant

Well stated and being educated in our suffering is usually opposed by our feelings, making this course very practical for day to day choices.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 5

There is purpose in suffering when growing spiritually. It’s funny cause nobody wants to suffer but learning to embrace it rounds our rough edges. We also learn what others are going through.

douglasleps
      Participant

I like that Tom.. to embrace suffering helps to round our rough edges

MeriLynn
    Participant

Lesson 5

God can chasten the believer to teach them and to purify them. This has happened to me in my life and I have to say, more than once! I was either a slow learner or I refused to see or accept the lesson until the pain was so great that I turned back to the Faith of my youth … I ceased fighting and rebelliousness and “Let Go”. I am thankful that He loved me enough not to “leave me that way”!! A good pruning is good for people as well as plants!!
    I like that we are promised the reward of “a crown of life”…not for me but for some that I know who truly suffer. Suffering brings the “fruit of the Spirit”, contentment in our circumstances, and strength through weakness. I wish I had known then about the “peace” that comes in Trusting God no matter what! I also believe that there is a war in the Heavenlys and that we must not let adversity tip the scale towards the evil one to be used against God.

MeriLynn
    Participant

Lesson 6

I loved this series! What do we do with our suffering? …how do we help those who are suffering?

As I listened to this last lesson, I was resolved to read back through the Psalms and now take note of how the Psalmists “talked” to God. Considering our Trials as Joy is a hard concept without the discernment of this study and of the Scriptures. To realize that God can give meaning to my suffering and that He can use it to make me more like Hus Son takes away the sting and the “poor me” attitude if we choose to Rejoice in ALL things. I feel that I am more “qualified” to help those who are suffering because of this course and I know I can use my experience as God has given me a lot of “material” on the subject!! There is no fear where true Faith is present. How interesting to think of my past suffering as being “useful” in future Ministry… I must, like Habakkuk, take the “long view” and rest in God’s Sovereignty. I find that very comforting!

tomdoerfel
      Participant

I really enjoy your very personal and well written/colorful comments. What bothers me most about my personal suffering is how it has a ripple effect for many people even though I may be handling it quite well. That is part of the great mystery and sovereignty of God!

douglasleps
      Participant

Very true Merilynn, Thanks to this course and “our” real world suffering, I feel better equipped to counsel another who is looking for answers.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 6

One of my favorite pastors growing up seemed to always teach out of the Psalms. His style of teaching seemed a bit boring. This course is helping me appreciate his Godly perspective for his ministry, and has opened my eyes during my times of suffering. Being almost 90 years old, he lost his first wife at a young age from cancer and his second wife in the last ten years. No wonder he hangs so dearly on to The Psalms!

douglasleps
    Participant

Lesson 1
    “If God is Great and God is good, why does he allow evil to exist?” This is a question that has been asked since the beginning. I’m hoping that this course will help with me being able to give someone who is suffering answers. We just saw the movie, “The Shack” and a similar question was asked, and the response was, ” I was there with you… Suffering just as much as you”.
    Looking forward to digging deeper into this course.

Roberta Leps
    Participant

Counseling in Suffering. Lesson 1
    Life is an experience in pain.
    We are in training to fly.

I totally agree that brokenness is a prerequisite to an effective counselor. Who better to understand than someone who had been there.
    And Jesus has!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Roberta Leps.

douglasleps
    Participant

Lesson 2
    Yes we live in a fallen world world on a broken planet. We hear that from Pastor Steve all the time. Listening to this lecture, Roberts and I felt kind doomed. And honestly, so much talk of evil, was uncomfortable. I do take comfort in knowing that God would use evil to glorify himself. And that God overcomes evil and is not defeated.
    Loved the simplicity of the tow truck driver saying, ” Things are not the way they are supposed to be!”

Roberta Leps
    Participant

Lesson 2
    So its all our own fault. I hate that. We can’t blame no one but ourselves and the other idiots that surround us. It’s our choices that cause every negative things that exists. We are stupid sheep that have gone astray. We better be greatful that Papa loves us so much that he made a way to be with Him in spite of ourselves.

douglasleps
    Participant

Lesson 3
    I have to agree with Dr. Dial when he says that suffering may become more intense for the believer the closer he gets to God in his Christian walk! I have experienced this myself. It’s like the evil one ki NB d of left me alone when I was lost, but now that I’M m found, he is angry at losing a another and works hard at discouraging me! Though Dr. Dial’s description of Jesus’s beating and crucifixion was graphic and gruesome, I cannot begin to imagine the suffering and pain that Jesus endured for us. Undeserving that we are.
    Jesus suffering and death accomplished the death of death.

Roberta Leps
    Participant

Lesson 3
    We are not exempt as believers to other people’s sins, thier decisions, poor choices, reactions, impulses, mistakes.
    Suffering is a by product of our sins and others, now and before.

The work of love can lead to affliction, sorrowful over others afflictions. We step into the problems of others when we counsel them. It hurts my heart, brings me to tears, worries me, takes up space in my head, my time. A burden shared is a burden lessened is a true statement I believe because I literally take some of it on myself as I try to help, or listen, pray.

Roberta Leps
    Participant

Lesson 4
    Jesus Christ suffered the penalty of ALL sin. He received the punishment of a condemned forsaken man abandoned by his Father. Yet he entrusted himself to his Father. Thy will not mine be done. Leaving it in His Father’s hands. Coming out on the other side as forgiven believers in Christ will all do some day. When all our tears are over, we will incredibly look back in relief and joy. Like the relief when a bad worry has been lifted. We will look back and this hard life on earth will seem like a distant memory of a bad hair day, or better yet Dr Dials description of a bad hotel stay. Sometimes I feel ready for that day. Lord take me away… Like the old Calgon commercials

douglasleps
    Participant

Lesson 5
    I have always enjoyed the comparison between suffering, corective discipline and the pruning of fruit trees. I certainly have had my branches pruned a time or two!
    It’s not always pretty at first. But the results are undeniable.

Roberta Leps
    Participant

Lesson 5
    I’ve enjoyed this series and have gotten so much valuable informatiom, wisdom and insight. I can see many areas of my own life where several of the examples given have directly applied to my life. I gave myself to Christ in my early childhood and have been under God’s corrective discipline quite a bit. I have a hard head. I’ve also suffered at the hand of others sins as well, and believe I have persevered, sometimes quickly and resiliently and others with lots of counsel and comfort from my fellow Christians. I’m glad we are doing this series. It makes suffering make sense.

douglasleps
    Participant

Lesson 6
    Prayer is our, “Go To” during trials and suffering.
    Express your concerns to God and then trust him. Remember that during pain and suffering that Godw is in control and working all thing for his glory and for our good. Do not expect God to eliminate our pain, but to see us through it with a peace CV that transcends all understanding.

Roberta Leps
    Participant

Lesson 6
    I love the laid out instructions on how and what to pray for during affliction and the goals to work toward as to how we should behave during times of suffering. And the opportunities to use what we’ve learned through our trials to minister to others.
    And all the results, benefits, Christ like qualities and characteristics, fruits of the spirit that suffering can result in an obedient,repentant, faithful, trusting Christian
    And lastly the rewards we have to look forward to in our resurrected life. The Crown of Life
    RREJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS!
    I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, REJOICE!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.