Home Forums Harvest Track Creative Bible Study Methods

This topic contains 42 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Debra Pearl 4 months ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

After you complete each chapter you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lessons. (Please include the Lesson or Chapter number at the beginning of your comment. If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  stephenlawes.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  stephenlawes.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 1

In this chapter, unity of the bible interests me most, because it told me why there is no contradictions in the Bible as it was written by many writers over many years, and this is possible because there was really only one author and that author is God, in that the writers only recorded the message under HIS direction and inspiration, so I could now know the main reason why bible is united.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

Yes, I find so many people try to find contradictions in the Bible just to have an excuse to not believe, but having one author, God, and being written by so many over such a long period of time is often why they fail to understand the unity that is all throughout the Bible!

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 2

The complete Bible reading schedule that will take me through the entire Bible in one year is quite impressive and I will make sure I follow it fully comes next year.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

There is a great app that I am using to read thru the Bible book by book, called Read Scripture, it also has videos that depict how each book fits into the rest of the Bible!

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 3

I have been thinking that Bible was originally written in two languages which are Hebrew and Greek, but now I have come to know that Bible was originally written in three languages namely Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

I knew it was in three languages but having the knowledge of where the Aramaic language is located and how little of it there is in the Bible is interesting to know!

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 4

To move from milk to meat which I came across in this chapter interested me very much, because it enlightens me on how I can apply it to myself,that I must first desire the milk of the word of God and I must gain an understanding of the basic principles of the word of God and as well I’ve got to know that discovering the meat of God’s word requires more effort than living on the milk of the Word of God.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

To desire milk is such a good point I think we sometimes downplay the value of milk compared to meat…

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 5

It is a vital information that I should remember that commentaries are only opinion of man and it is very important that I study the bible for myself and not depend only on the comments of others.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

I like study Bibles for that reason, many of them are commentaries that are put together from many different people not just one man.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 6

The rule of lateral interpretation gives me more clarity to how I should be interpreting Bible, that Bible must be interpreted laterally which means to believe. exactly what it says

Lisa Jones
      Participant

Yes believing is the most important thing!

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 6

The rule of lateral interpretation gives me more clarity to how I should be interpreting Bible, that Bible must be interpreted laterally which means to believe exactly what it says

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 7

The way the description of major events which occurred in the 12 periods of Bible history arranged in this chapter made me have more interest to read Bible so that I can know more about those periods.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

I think so too! Having the show of different periods helps to want to know more about each one.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 8

I could see that the three basics skills explained which are Marking, Outlining and charting in this chapter will surely help me in Bible study, especially marking, it will make it easier for me to quickly get any verse I refer to.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

Yeah these methods will be very helpful in my studying for the Bible!

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 9

The two basic divisions of God’s word which Bible spoke of interest me, I’ve got to know that it is the milk of the word I’ve been taken, and if I want to attain spiritual maturity I will have to start to take meat of the word of God.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

I think this is something we hear (milk and meat) and often it is not studied well enough to show the dividsions of what scriptures are milk and what scriptures are meat. Just looking thru and separating them would be a great Bible study for me!

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 10
    The devotional method to study God’s word which also includes application of the truth of the word of God is quite interesting, because I have discovered in this chapter that as I will be studying the God’s word, it is compulsory that I apply its truth.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 11

The three steps to study a book of the bible is quite amazing, and I believe it would be of a great help for me as I will be studying my Bible.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 12

Learning to asking questions is very interesting and it is obvious to me that it will help me do detailed studies of the word of God.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 13

Studying word in context enables me to know that every single word in the Bible is inspired.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 14

Creating a verse study chart is very interesting to me because, it makes Bible study easier as far as I’m concerned.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 15

How we were taught the way to determine the meaning of the word in the Bible is very interesting to me, it will make it easier for us to understand any word that seems difficult in the Bible.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 16

If this topical method of Bible study could be followed accordingly, I believe I can not have any problem to prepare a very good sermon.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 17

Procedure of biographical method of Bible study is very interesting as it makes me have interest in using life of a particular person in the Bible to prepare sermon.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 18

The theological method was very detailed and comprehensive, so I believe if I can follow it I would not have any difficulty in the study of God’s word and also it would be useful for me in preparing sermon.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 19

The deeper I go in this course the more new things I discover, I love the way the poetry of the bible is analysed, and it makes me have more interest in reading poetical books of the bible.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 20

I was made to know that all Bible prophecy relates to the overall plan of God, and that plan is to bring all mankind unto right relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 21

From typological method, I discovered the importance of some people’s life in the old testament in the Bible, especially the role they played in other people’s lives.

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter One – I love studying the divisions and breakdown of the Bible, seeing how it all works together, and the explaination of the different books, very good to know the function of each book before trying to study them.

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Two – I love the breakdown of each chapter with a description of what is contained in the readings, this would be the foundation that is needed in studying the Bible, knowing where to find what one is looking for, knowing what is in each book.

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Three – I had done a study on the different translations a couple years ago and now use the English Standard Version as my study Bible but grew up using the King James Version so I am familiar with both. I prefer the ESV for the ease of reading the more modern language.

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Four – The concept of milk then meat took me onto a new understanding after having children of my own, as adults studying this we often discredit milk as having nothing of value, something immature but if you look at infants and the fact that the most amount of growth happens in the first few years of their life. This shows how powerful this milk is to new Christians, they will not become functioning mature Christians if they are without milk, they will die, much like a baby will die without the milk (the only thing they can eat) given constantly!

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Five – Having an arsenal of resources for study would be amazing, I love how much you can find online to use! Having a good definintion of all the resources available is helpful in choosing which tool to use depending on the study and depth!

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Six – This chapter provides a great breakdown of studying the Bible. This is an excellent chart to keep close by when in study.

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Seven – I love reading information in this way, the outlines are so helpful, nice to have a copy handy for during Bible study. These dividsions show the Bible in a new context easy to see.

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Eight – I have tried a few different Bible marking studies and like them, this method provides a quick glance reminder of what the verse or verses are about without having to search as much. I like charts as well, the way information is layed out really help me to see the material better.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Lisa Jones.

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Nine – This is a chapter I feel I could reread again a few times to gain further perspective and insights into how much God’s word is mentioned within its self. Very good study to have and glad this information was brought to my attention.

Debra Pearl
    Participant

Chapter 1. 66 books in the Scriptures – Old Testament (Covenant) has 39 books of which contains the Law: History: Poetry: Prophets major and minor which are categorized by their size not importance….Key verse is I Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works”

Debra Pearl
    Participant

Lesson 2
    Key verse- “Let my cry come near before Thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to Thy Word” Psalm 119:169
    This lesson gives a summary of each book in the Bible-their name and the main theme.
    To understand the Bible we must read it. There are several reading plans given in this chapter to chose from. To begin a reading plan (1)- we must read the Bible daily. (2)-start with the “milk” of the word=simple concepts—then go to the “meat” of the word, to be able to understand more difficult things of the Word. (3)-read prayerfully to help me understand the Word. (4)read systematically to help me get through the entire Word of God

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Debra Pearl.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.