Home Forums Harvest Track Foundations of Faith

This topic contains 36 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Nduwayo James 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

After you complete each chapter you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lessons. (Please include the Lesson or Chapter number at the beginning of your comment. If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  stephenlawes.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  stephenlawes.

chetmalanowski
    Participant

chetmalanowski
    Participant

having completed chapter1 I am very interested in going thru all the material, it is very interesting and the topic means a lot to me. I am a novice computer user and will probably mess everything up.

chetmalanowski
    Participant

I want to learn more, I just hope I dont mess up any computers

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Foundations of Faith Chapter 1

I found it very interesting that it was mentioned that life will primarily be stormy but that we have to keep pressing on.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

Life being stormy should produce steadfastness, and when you let that work in your life you will be lacking nothing! James 1:2-4

Regina Harrington
      Participant

Ch 1 – The part about the storms being part of life, “but what differs is how people respond to them” is a good point!

Nduwayo James
        Participant

Yes, it is very interesting to understand well that the storms always will be there for us, and what will make a big difference it is how we will behave and decide to pass through them and not fail and loose our hope because of them!
        Thank you Lord!

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Chapter 2

I learned that repentance is when one turns away from their ” dead works ” and walks with God righteously. I kind of already knew this but I know exactly now.

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Chapter 4

I learned this verse: cool stuff. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out…

(Acts 3:19)

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Chapter 3

I liked learning about how repentance is necessary such as God commands it.

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Chapter 5

I didn’t realize that the suffering that Christ went through was called the baptism of suffering. That brings things full circle now

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Chapter 6

I liked reading about the baptism of the holy spirit. I uncovered that it brings you closer to God.

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Chapter 7

I found it interesting that laying of the hands may not have an immediate effect.

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Chapter 8

I like knowing when one believes in Jesus Christ ye will never die.

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Chapter 9

I found it interesting that there are 3 levels of resurrection.

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Chapter 10

I like when it was emphasized that The Lord judges the heart.

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

I took note that there are two levels of perfection; the first being freed from the old self and dead works, and the second level is always progressive.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Foundations of Faith. Chapter 1

In this chapter, I discovered what I am to God and how I can become what I am to Him. According to 1 Corinthians 3:16, it told me that I am the temple of God, and that it is in me that the spirit of God dwells, and based on this I believe I have to be cautioned to build my spiritual life properly so that the spirit of God can live in me.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

Knowing who and whose we are is very important!

James Oladokun
    Participant

Foundations of Faith. Chapter 2

This chapter shed more light on different way in which sin could be recognized, though I might heard some of them before but in this chapter they were explained in an interesting and understandable dimension.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Foundations of Faith. Chapter 3

It is a great mercy given to us by God that when a christian commits sin one way or the other he can still repent and his sin will be forgiven him, actually God is wonderful and merciful

James Oladokun
    Participant

Foundations of Faith. Chapter 4

The reasons why Abraham was an example of faith gave me an incentive to improve my faith. He heard the word, he believed the word, he turned from his hopeless condition and he accepted the promise as a fact.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 5

In this chapter, the time of baptism attracted my attention most, because light was shed on procedure to be followed before a believing sinner could be baptized, that is to receive proper instruction, to repent, to believe and to have good conscience towards God.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 6

I came to know in this chapter that conversion and Holy Ghost baptism are different experiences, formally I thought this two experiences took place simultaneously, now it is clear to me that Holy Ghost baptism takes place after conversion.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 7

This chapter made it clear to me that laying on of hands is not confined to a particular set of people, that if I can become a true believer I am therefore qualified.It told me the condition in which the laying on of hands could be effective, that I have to be cautious and be filled with Holy Ghost.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 8

I could understand very well the importance of the resurrection, that if there is no resurrection, then Christ is not risen and if Christ is not risen, then our preaching and our faith is also in vain.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 9

In this chapter, it is made clean and clear that there is resurrection of the dead and so far a person can give his life to Jesus Christ, he will have part in the eternity before God, that is a relief.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 10
    Our God is wonderful and merciful for the grace He gave unto human kind that He does reject a believer who commits sins in one way or the other, that He does forgive and cleanse from the sins. Whenever we fail, we can be restored to perfection before God by confessing our sins and asking forgiveness.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 11
    I really enjoyed this chapter especially where it said that when a person is born again he will become like a baby in the natural world and that person has much to learn spiritually, and while learning if that person fails or makes any mistake (sin) the person will need to confess his mistake(sin) and God will forgive him.

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter One – this idea of having a firm foundation is one I have always heard but never studies deeply, I look forward to diving into the material!

Regina Harrington
      Participant

Ch 1 – This chapter is definitely a great starting place for the foundation to be laid for the rest of this course. 🙂

Regina Harrington
    Participant

Chapter 1 – “The Right Foundation” as discussed in Luke 6:47 is key. I like the keep-it-simple components of that verse – Come, Hear, Do!

Nduwayo James
    Participant

Chapter 1, I learned Six foundation doctrine

– Repentance
    – Faith
    – Baptism
    – Laying on of hands
    – Resurrection
    – Eternal Judgment

Thank you Lord!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.