Home Forums BLBi Track History and Authenticity of the Bible

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  coopertlc123 1 year ago.

• Author

garyslavin
    Keymaster

After you have listened to the lectures for each lesson you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lectures. (If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 1 This course should enable us to give people answers as to where and why we have our hope in God

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 2 I think one of the reasons people choose to not believe in God is that they do not want to obey Him.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 3 Everything in the Bible is a direct revelation from God. Therefore there is an answer to every issue man can have with any part of the Bible.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 4 You must believe Jesus is the manifestation of God to be saved. My daughter is a Jehova witness and she does not believe that. Please pray for her.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 5 This one covered a lot of stuff. I felt like it was too much for one lesson. Probable should have been 2 or 3 lessons. Good information though. Just a lot to retain.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 6 I guess names and dates never were my strong suite.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 7 I never realized how many different methods and forms of Biblical manuscripts there are out there. I hope they find more of the original material.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 8 After this course, I am going to read the Apocrypha. I never have.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 9 The Apocrypha is obviously something we should all read and be aware of. It covers a lot of history especially during the 400 silent years. I was surprised to learn that Paul quoted from the Apocrypha.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 10 I just learned that Paul did not quote from the Apocrypha, rather they both conveyed the same or similar messages.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 11 & 12 The God breathed word of the Bible has been proven to be accurate over and over again. As scientist continue to uncover things and learn more, they are proving the authenticity of the Bible and the existence of God. To hear the word and not pay attention to it is truly foolishness. How will those escape judgment.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 13 The manipulation of the various texts and translations is extremely interesting. I will be checking every Bible I see for I John 5:7-8

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 14 I have to agree that the truth has to be properly stated and not exact quotes. People tend to over think some of that stuff.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 15 Hocking said that if they are involved with more than one wife, they also go off the list of Canonicity. Some of the Old testament Writers were involved with more than one wife. I am not sure if he meant what I think I heard.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 16 Hocking says that you can be educated beyond your intelligence. He is so right.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 17 Interesting that the Jehovah’s Witnesses use a version that is the only one out of twenty that uses the word them instead of us, being said by the elders in Heaven during the tribulation.

coopertlc123
    Participant

There are over 36,000 changes in the NIV Bible. By the way, check out I John 6-8. Wow!!!

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 19 The Living Bible, which is paraphrased, actually is a pretty good translation of the actual meaning in the Textus Receptus.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 20 Praying for understanding has helped me understand the Bible more than anything I have done. I have taught that concept to family and friends and they all agree.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 21 If we are not walking with God, we can’t expect to have our prayers listened to nor will we be able to understand what God wants us to know from the Bible. Not walking with God will stifle your prayer and understanding.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 22 After studying this lesson, I think I need to take a refresher course in English composition

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 23 I thought it was interesting that the scribes and Rabbis taught quoting other sources and Jesus taught as one with authority, or as the original source.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 24 The Principles of Examination are quite useful. 1) If it all ready makes sense, don’t complicate it. 2) Look at the wording and examine it carefully. 3) Decide if the wording is literal or figurative. If it doesn’t make sense it very well could be figurative. 4) Discern spiritual truths by inductive study by looking for parallel passages, looking for conflicts of truth within the passage and look for agreement from other scriptures.

I think this is a great guide.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 25 The statements of beliefs stated in this lesson are powerful and totally in line with my way of thinking. You really have to think about them to realize exactly what they mean. Some things like the inspiration of the writers or the words is pretty deep.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.