Home Forums Harvest Track Intercessory Prayer

This topic contains 48 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa Jones 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

After you complete each chapter you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lessons. (Please include the Lesson or Chapter number at the beginning of your comment. If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  stephenlawes.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  stephenlawes.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 1 prayer is communicating with God, which requires speaking and listening. Prayer is not always answered immediately; it is not always answered the way we want it answered; sometimes prayers are answered beyond our expectations. The appropriate times to pray are basically without limitations. We are to pray without ceasing. The three levels of prayer are ask, which is presenting a request to God. Seek, which is a deeper level of prayer and requires continuing in prayer until you get an answer. Knock, is the deepest level of prayer and is used when answers are no longer coming. The five types of prayer are (1) worship and praise, which is worship and praise in both spirit and truth (2) Commitment, which is a prayer committing your life and will to God and includes prayers of dedication to God and his will. (3) Petition, is prayers of request and can be either of the three levels and must be made in accordance to God’s will. (4) Confession and repentance, which is confessing to God our sins and asking for forgiveness. (5) Intercession, which is when you stand in fro someone or plead for their needs.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Yes, I learned that prayer is communicating to God and that it also takes listening.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

Pray without ceasing! 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 2 Our model for intercessory prayer is Jesus Christ and the importance of it was demonstrated by Jesus through his ministry on earth and the many cases throughout the Bible where people were effective in influencing changes by such prayers. We are called to be priests unto God and this priesthood was passed to us through the blood of Jesus upon our salvation. Jesus still acts as this priest and intercessor for us while He is in heaven and we are on earth. Our prayers of intercession can be made with or without our understanding. The most effective prayer of intercession is when the Holy Spirit speaks through us in an unknown tongue. This prevents our mind from getting in the way because we do not know what the spirit is praying. Effective intercessory prayer allows us to effect changes all over the world. Through effective intercessory prayer can change lives, nations, help save souls and extend the gospel of the Kingdom of God around the world.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Yes, intercession should focus on bettering the subjects.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 2

Jesus is the model of an intercessor and He intercedes for us.

Lisa Jones
          Participant

Jesus is the one who intercessed for us!

Lisa Jones
        Participant

Yes we can pray for the whole world, yet God brings the results…

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 3 Resources provided to us from God include; delegated power and authority, binding, loosing, the Name of Jesus, the Blood of Jesus and fasting. Our authority over Satan comes through our position in Christ as believers. Our power comes through the Holy Spirit. Satan, although he has limited power, he has no authority over believers. Our power gives us authority to intercede for those who need salvation and we have been given the authority for the laborers of the harvest. Binding evil spirits is important to do prior to casting them out, but you can also bind the power of Satan in your life and in the lives of others and loose them from the effects of the enemy’s attacks. The spiritual key for overcoming every problem is binding and loosing through intercessory prayer. This authority is given to us in the Name of Jesus. Through the blood of Jesus, we have access to the Father and can come into His presence. The blood shed for us, on the cross, is now the only sacrifice necessary for sin. Your prayers will be more effective if you enter into them confessing the Blood of Jesus. The final power is through fasting, which of are two types, total fast and partial fast. fasting is not for the purpose of changing God, rather fasting changes us and the way God chooses to deal with us. Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit to determine how long your fast should last and to be aware as God begins to reveal himself to you. God has divinely approved fasts for humbling yourself before Him, to loose bonds of sin, lift heavy burdens, free the oppressed and to help eliminate selfish motives to manifest charity. god promises to illuminate dark periods of your life, guide your life, satisfy the needs of your soul, rejuvenate your body and restore your spirit. All through fasting.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

This is a great lesson for reference

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 3

It was interesting to learn that satan hhas limited power and no authority and bbelievers of Christ have both power and authority over it.

Lisa Jones
          Participant

‘Yes and the comparison of a policeman’s authority and his gun being his power is a perfect example to show this!

Lisa Jones
      Participant

Yes very powerful lesson! One we could probably all read again and gain more from!

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 4 Prayers should be made with faith and within the will of God. Sincerity of the request and the intent to glorify God are two important things to remember when praying. State your requests with humility and complete submission to God. Pray with understanding and in the Spirit of Tongues, both have their place. Make sure you incorporate the binding and loosing powers given to you and do so in the Name of Jesus Christ. There are principles for effective prayer which include; Praise God, ask God to cleanse you of all unrighteousness and allow the Holy Spirit to make you aware of any un-confessed sins, admit to God that you need direction from the Holy Spirit in order to effectively pray, deal aggressively with the enemy in the name of Jesus Christ, do not allow your own desires for prayer get in your way, wait upon the Lord and give Him time to guide and direct you before you move on to other areas, keep your Bible close and when God is finished thank and praise Him. Glorify His name. God has promised us results. Not always what we want but results that are within His will.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

I think that is good to note that one’s own desires are’nt the focal point but rather what The Holy Spirit guides you to.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 4

I think that it is important to know that one should seek to glorify God while praying.

Lisa Jones
          Participant

Everything we do should be in seeking to glorify God!

Lisa Jones
      Participant

Yes, sincerity and intent are such good ways to describe how we should come before Christ with our requests!

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 5 Proper effective prayer requires that you have no hindrances which would prevent you from interceding. These hindrances include sin of any kind, an unforgiving spirit, self-righteousness, unbelief, failure to abide in Christ, lack of compassion, pride, and satanic hindrances. To help avoid these hindrances, let the Holy Spirit pray through you and ask God to help you eliminate them from your life. Some prayers that you think aren’t being answered may either be delayed or perhaps answered in a way you aren’t aware of or in a way you didn’t want. Always pray for God’s will to be done for His purpose and His glory. be sensitive to God and realize that sometimes he is asking you to do something which requires you to stop praying and do it. When He calls you into action, it is time to stop praying and take action.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

I think that is a good point to pray in favor of God’s will and His authority and glory.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 5

I think that it is good not to have a lustful heart while praying. Some prayers may be delayed while some unanswered because of a lustful heart. I think that the list of hindrances is good to study and implement avoidance of those hindrances.

Lisa Jones
          Participant

Yes, this list of hindarences is a good study!

Lisa Jones
      Participant

Yes, the time to stop praying and get to work seems like a strange thought that is not taught well today…

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lessom: 6 Jesus gave us a model for the way we should pray twice in the Bible. Once in Mathew and again in Luke, commonly known as the Lord’s prayer. This prayer was not intended to be memorized and repeated word for word, it was intended as a model or a pattern for us to use to guide us in how to pray. This model prayer is an intercessory prayer because Jesus uses plural possessive nouns such as our and us, as he talks to God. If we follow this pattern for prayer, we can be sure our prayer is structured in a way that is pleasing to God. Another way to enable more effective prayers is to put on the armor of God every morning and you actually could do so at the beginning of each prayer. An example of how to do this would be, ” Dear Jesus, You are my truth and my righteousness. You are my faith and my readiness. Jesus, You are my salvation and my living Word. I come to you in the strength of who you are and upon your blood and in the power of your promises. Amen is a name Christ is called in Revelations 3:14 “Amen of God” and when a prayer is closed with “Amen” that prayer is sealed in the name of Jesus Christ.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Yes, The Lord’s prayer is a model prayer. I believe that it is important to create your own prayers based off of the model prayer with points of interest that suit.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 6

It was interesting to learn that the word Amen is another name for Christ.

Lisa Jones
          Participant

Amen is the Greek form of a Hebrew word meaning “to confirm” In scripture and in Christian life, when uttered after a prayer or statement, it means “let it be so.”

Lisa Jones
      Participant

I think this as something to not be repeated by a pattern is such an important point! We are to have our own prayers from within us not just word for word of the model prayer!

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 7 Intercessory prayer especially helpful when praying for revival. That is not the hell-fire damnation revival but the reviving of dead believers. Revival is a joint move of the Holy Spirit and the response of the church. Revivals can refresh, restore and return God’s people to His will. Evangelism will come after the church has been revived and turned back to god in all areas. Backsliding happens when one starts to lose sight of God and begins to focus upon things of the world. Revivals are sometimes necessary to get everyone back on track. God requires us to turn back to him by humbling ourselves, seeking Him in prayer and repent, which is to turn from sin toward God.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Yes, revival is not just emotionalism.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 7

One must position themselves accordingly firstly before seeking a revival by humbling themselves before God and doing away with their wicked ways.

Lisa Jones
          Participant

We must always consider ourselves and our condition before coming to God…

Lisa Jones
      Participant

I am ready for a big tent revival now! What an amazing thing to be apart of!

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 8 You must take time to pray and when you do so alone, it is best to pray in secret. Of course praying with two or three, or even more, will enhance the effectiveness of the prayers. Pastors have the responsibility to organize congregational prayers. There are many things you should pray for such as; your walk with God, your marriage, your city, your country, your church, and basically anything you could imagine. There is great power in prayer and when applied properly, one could effect many Godly changes in all sorts of areas and locations. A good way to begin an active prayer life would be to set aside a time everyday for prayer. Keep some kind of prayer log and refer to it as needed. Chose a location that will provide less distractions and maybe you would want to play Christian music, softly. If you become tired you could try walking around while you pray and pray out loud. Your desire to pray will grow as you develop these prayer habits and attitudes but mostly your desire will grow as you see results from your prayers.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Yes, prayer is very powerful.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 8

Prayer should be done in secret if not joined by others and should be done without ceasing. There are a myriad of things that need to be prayed for so why not start today.

Lisa Jones
          Participant

The need for prayer has always been, we can always prayer more and harder, we need to create the time to do it!

Lisa Jones
      Participant

Yes, prayer is very powerful and should always be done correctly within the right mindframe.

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Lesson 1

I didn’t know that there were many levels of prayer.

Lisa Jones
      Participant

I love the breakdown here as ask, seek, knock!

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter One – Studies on prayer are always to powerful to me as they kinda “reset” my spiritual communication!

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Lesson Two – I don’t see the Biblical example of us being able to pray to God as the intercessor between God and man that is what Christ is doing for us, while we are a part of the inheritance that Christ our brother is a part of we are not royal in the way of being able to pray directly to God…

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Three – Wow I have never realised all the spiritual benefits of fasting!

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Four – I really liked the verse 1 John 5:14-15 in the reading, as it shows just how powerful praying can be, that anything we ask can be ours if we ask within God’s will.

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Five – The idea of knowing when not to pray is interesting as most of our lives it would seem that anytime is the time to pray but the fact that we often receive an answer and then keep praying when we are really just hoping the answer will change…

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Six – THe model prayer divided out with detailed explaination of each line was a good study, helped to sharpen my prayers!

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Seven – The thought of revival seems like a long ago tent event when really it is still needed and maybe not done in such a good way today as is was when so individual and not a group becoming revived together. This was a great review and study of what revival still is and that it is still so needed!

Lisa Jones
    Participant

Chapter Eight – The consideration of practicing prayer even when we do not feel like it, our Christian lives is one of faith and not feeling!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.