Home Forums Harvest Track Leaven Like Evangelism

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  James Oladokun 2 months ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

After you complete each chapter you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lessons. (Please include the Lesson or Chapter number at the beginning of your comment. If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  stephenlawes.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  stephenlawes.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 1

I could understand now what evangelism is and what revival is that they are of two different things,as I was told that Evangelism is not just a series of meetings or church services. Evangelism is not the same as revival. Revival is the Lord at work in the Church. In revival, the emphasis is on the presence of the Lord restoring life to His people.Evangelism is the church at work for the Lord. In evangelism the emphasis is on the new birth experience, the beginning of spiritual life.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 2
    In this chapter, the five principles taught in the Word of God were very understood to me. The command, condition, concern, competition, and consummation because they are what mandate of evangelism given to us by Jesus Christ hinged on.

James Oladokun
    Participant

chapter 3

I could understand now that The demonstration of power of miracles and healing is the Kingdom of God in action, and it is the part of the message of evangelism.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 4

so far I do not have to be a gifted speaker to be a messenger of the Gospel.So, all that is necessary for me is that I would share the Gospel message which alone can save man, in fact this gives me more knowledge about how to do evangelism as far as I am able.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 5

As Paul said he was a debtor because he had received the Gospel and he owed it to others to share it with them, I now know that it is applicable to me that I am also a debtor, because he felt this responsibility towards all men every where. There were no class distinctions in Paul’s mind. Everyone needed the Gospel. There was no one too poor or rich, too religious or pagan, too near or far. I cannot be prejudiced in communicating the Gospel. If I show partiality, i should know that I am sinning.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 6

I came to know that I am the ambassador of the Lord to the people around me who have not given their lives to Christ, that they may never enter a church, they may not ever come in contact with the pastor of my church, But I know them well.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 7

In this chapter I understood that evangelism must be my first priority as a Christian, that evangelism was not just one of many activities of the early Church, it was the main priority.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 8

It has to be paramount for me to be spiritually minded, so far a spiritually minded man is one who has been born again spiritually, that those with spiritual minds understand parables, and those with carnal, sinful minds cannot understand.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 9

What I learnt in this chapter shed more light on the purpose of evangelism and enjoyed it, by which I was told that , the goal of all personal evangelism is leading men and women, boys and girls, to ask forgiveness of sins and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 10

In fact in this chapter I was enlightened on how to handle the situation during the time of evangelism if people are trying to provoke me or raise objection, that It will be helpful if I can understand why people make excuses or raise objections in evangelism encounters, that Sometimes Satan inserts questions or objections into a person’s mind, that I should always remember that I am in a spiritual warfare for the souls of men and women.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 11

I’ve gotten to know now that if I apply to evangelism, the law of harvest, then it means that I can expect to harvest lost souls, that no matter how good the seed, how fertile the ground, or how skillful the farmer is, he cannot reap without first sowing, that if I do not sow in evangelism I should not expect to reap the results of evangelism, that Saturation evangelism requires that I invest time, people, effort, prayer, tears, and funds in evangelism.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 12

I could see that I should never allow myself to fall into the trap of becoming so busy with the mechanical details of a crusade that will make me compromise the most important ingredient of all–spiritual preparation,that a mass crusade is only effective as the Gospel of the Kingdom of God is presented with the anointing and power of the Holy Spirit present to save, heal, and deliver–and this requires spiritual preparation, I will take this as a warning.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 13

I understood very well in this chapter what a disciple is, that is a convert who is established in the basics of the Christian faith and is
    capable of raising up new converts and discipling them, that the word disciple means a learner, a pupil, someone who learns by following, that It is more than head knowledge.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 14

Based on what I learnt in this chapter I could conclude that planning is very important before laying one’s hand on any project, therefore with regard to evangelism I believe if I make proper use of what I learnt in this chapter I will be able to achieve my goal in the area of soul winning.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 15

I was made to understand that the purpose of networking is not to form a single world church under a human authority,
    but it is unity within diversity that seeks to work together to accomplish God’s purpose, and it is very meaningful to me.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 16

In this chapter full light was shed on diseases and sicknesses and it makes know what I don’t know about them, that sickness or disease is any condition which is out of proper divine order as it was created by God.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 17

I am very happy to hear that Healing and deliverance are part of the Gospel just like salvation, because some people are saying that time of miracles was in the past but in this chapter I’v been reassured with biblical reverences that miracles continue till Jesus comes back, Hallelujah!!!

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 18

I was taught in this chapter that I should fast and pray before I minister, and the example of Paul in Acts 28:8 was given and this gives me a lot of courage because some people condemn it, that all was in the past.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 19

As a christian it is a relief to know that a true believer cannot be possessed by a demon because the Holy Spirit cannot inhabit the same temple as an evil spirit, that When I belong to God and am filled with the Holy Spirit, I cannot belong to Satan and be filled with his spirits at the same time. The Holy Ghost will not abide in the same temple with Satan, yes I thank God for His mercy.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 20

There should be no excuse for any believer because, the church at Thessalonica illustrates the model of evangelism and edification that was characteristic of New Testament churches of which we should all emulate therefore, I will make sure I do my best.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 21

I discovered that Paul did not stop with evangelism and conversion, that he organized the believers into a local church, that new believers were immediately introduced into the fellowship and discipline of the local Body., and times and places were set for the assembling together of the new church, therefore this is telling me that evangelism is not the end of great commission.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 22

I was taught and made to understand that Spiritual growth means decrease of self and increase of the life of Christ in me, that Spiritual growth does not come automatically as a result of the length of time one has been a believer,, but It is the result of the development of the Christ-life in a believer, therefore I know that it is compulsory for me to live a Christ-like-life in order to develop spiritually.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.