Home Forums Harvest Track Ministry of the Holy Spirit

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Regina Harrington 1 day, 13 hours ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

After you complete each chapter you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lessons. (Please include the Lesson or Chapter number at the beginning of your comment. If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

Regina Harrington
    Participant

Chapter 1 – I loved reading about the sensitivity of the Holy Spirit and how He has feelings that are impacted by us. It made me think about Him as a sensitive father, one who listens, cares deeply, hurts and rejoices along with us. It is a refreshing reminder that He isn’t distant from us – neither physically or emotionally – for “Jehovah Shammah”, The Lord is there!

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

Yes The Holy Spirit has His own personality. I think this is exciting to get to know Him on a more intimate level.

Regina Harrington
    Participant

Chapter 2 – The many titles and emblems of the Holy Spirit made me realize just how complex He is. I connected a lot with the emblem “Wind”, representing the power of the Holy Spirit. I can appreciate that even things happening that can’t be seen (wind) can have a significant and lasting impact. That is so truly representative of the Holy Spirit. He may not be seen, but His impact can be.

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

Yes The Holy Spirit has His own personality. I think this is exciting to get to know Him on a more intimate level.

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

I too love realizing how important these emblems of the Holy Spirit are in the scriptures, and learning more about there meanings.

Regina Harrington
    Participant

Chapter 3 – This chapter only further clarifies just how much Holy Spirit is involved and present everywhere. As I reflected on Holy Spirit’s ministry with believers and in what areas I let Him minister to me, I couldn’t help but think about how I also choose to represent the Holy Spirit by doing these things myself as a ministry to other believers. Am I ministering to others in order to strengthen them, unite them, guide them, teach them, reveal truth to them, etc. Am I living out the work that He is doing in me by sharing that same ministry with others?

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

I too love the way this chapter helps us to understand just how ingrained in every aspect of our being the Holy Spirit is.

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

I like the comparison between how the Holy Spirit ministers to us and how we are to minster to others!

Regina Harrington
    Participant

Chapter 4 – I loved this chapter with all of its complexity and perspective. It is a lot of the reason I wanted to jump into this course on the Holy Spirit in the first place. This chapter discussed fear that the Holy Spirit experience isn’t of God and the fear of losing control. I think fear prevents many churches from talking about the Holy Spirit and many people from seeking the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The scriptural references in this chapter help to clarify that while those fears may be felt, they can be overcome by the truths found in scripture.

I also appreciate the practical and biblical steps shared in this chapter on the baptism of the Holy Spirit (repent, believe it, desire it, accept it, yield to God and request prayers of other believers).

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

I find it interesting that our fear of loosing control is actually preventing us from surrendering to the Holy Spirit. When we trust in God and surrender to Him our life becomes in alignment to His will for us. This I think is what we come to the Lord to do in the first place but our ego whats us to remain in the illusion of being ” in control “.

Regina Harrington
    Participant

Chapter 5 – I was especially drawn to what makes the church and our individual spiritual gifts effective (love and partnering with people who have different gifts than our own). Recognizing that everyone is given at least one spiritual gift, it should not be hard to identify people around us that we can partner with in ministry who have different gifts. It seems that many people are not aware of their spiritual gifts, so being willing to call those out in others when we see them can be so beneficial. How much more effective the church can be if our spiritual gifts are identified, utilized and stewarded well. I also thought the activity of reviewing I Corinthians 13 to identify areas that are preventing us from loving someone specifically was a great exercise!

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

I love it that the Holy Spirit who dwells within us decides what gifts are best suited for each of us. Who better to know what is best than God who dwells with in us?

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

I just finished The Person and The Gifts of The Holy Spirit. I am really excited about this course it seems that it is the perfect choice afterwards to get to know The Holy spirit on a much deeper level! One of my favorite scriptures is in this chapter… What a blessing this scripture is…
    May the Grace of Jesus Christ, And the love of God, and the communion of The Holy Spirit be with you all. (II Corinthians 13:14)

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

Chapter 2
    In this chapter I learned more about the emblems of the Holy Spirit and the meanings they represent. This explains to me how the purpose of the way we use them in the church. I never thought about this before I just always accepted these things. It is exciting to understand the reasoning behind them. I really like the example of the wind separating the wheat from the chaff.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

Chapter 3

This chapter takes us to a deeper understanding of just how ingrained The Holy Spirit is in every aspect of the believers life. How through the workings of The Holy Spirit we are changed. I believe through learning reading and gaining a clearer understanding of the workings of the Holy Spirit I am seeing more of the guidance and prompting’s I feel that I have always just taken for granted are not of my own but of The Holy Spirit. I really hope I take this with me beyond this study and listen to them more!

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

CHAPTER 4

I love this chapter, I could go on for hours about the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The fact that the word baptism actually means to completely immerse or submerge in something really speaks to the depth of this chapter on The baptism of the Holy Spirit. We are told in (John 14) I will not leave you comfortless. This is not a new promise the Holy Spirit was promised to us many times in the Old Testament.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

CHAPTER 5

One of the parts I resonated with is when the lesson speaks on how we will be judged by the way we use these spiritual gifts the Lord has given to us. I relate this to the lesson of the talons. When the masters servants were all given different amounts of talons, and when the master returned he wanted to know what they had done with the gifts he had given them. The servant who just put his gift away and did not put it to use, to multiple it, made his master angry. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are meant to be used!

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

CHAPTER 6

I am finding it very interesting learning more specifics about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. One example of this is that I really thought I new what an apostle was, but upon reading this chapter I am learning how they take on the culture of whom they are ministering to so they feel more comfortable with them. Very interesting learning more specifics about these gifts.

Regina Harrington
      Participant

I really enjoyed learning more about Apostles also!

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

CHAPTER 7

In this chapter it further breaks down the duties of the spiritual gifts we receive. I am sorry I just can’t wait to read on so I am keeping this short.

Regina Harrington
      Participant

I feel the same way about this course and what I am learning through it. Trying not to rush through it, so that I can absorb as much as possible!

Regina Harrington
    Participant

Chapter 6 – This chapter has great depth if you take the time to study all of the many biblical references provided. I appreciated the details specifically about Apostles and the references to signs of an Apostle (patience, signs, wonders, mighty deeds, leadership, etc).

Also, the additional review of John 10:1-18 for characteristics Jesus identified for Pastors/Shepherds was helpful. Pastors desire to give a rich and satisfying life to their flock, they make sacrifices for the sheep, they lead and are followed, they call the sheep by name, etc.

Regina Harrington
    Participant

Chapter 7 – Exhortation was explained so well here. It is truly a gift to the church that is so needed. There is a lot of brokenness in the world and I love how the gift of exhortation comes along side those who are hurting and confusing and offers encouragement, hope and wise counsel. Also, I find it exciting to imagine all of the speaking gifts working together within the church in the way that they were designed in order to bring knowledge, wisdom, peace and hope.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.