Home Forums Trinity Track New Testament Survey III

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RBosic 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

Start posting your responses to the New Testament Survey III courses here!

coopertlc123
    Participant

I am not clear on how turning the man over to Satan will destroy his sinful nature and save his spirit on the day of the lord. I Corinthians 5:5. I am only guessing that God will allow Satan to beat him down so low that eventually he will cry out to God for grace and mercy.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 2 There certainly is a lot I could post about in this lesson. I would say the example Paul used about abstinence from meat, for idols, is a good one. He does a great job explaining the thin line we walk as we make our choices. Even if what we do is not wrong in and of itself, we must be very careful not to cause a weaker Christian to stumble because of our actions. I am sorry to say that I have probably been guilty of this many times. Some people call it hypocrisy if you do something in private that you wont do in public. I think I have a better understanding of that now

coopertlc123
    Participant

lesson 3 Remorse, regret and Godly repentance are totally different. You can have regret and remorse, which Judas had, but without Godly repentance you will not be saved.

coopertlc123
    Participant

lesson 4 I think when Paul was talking about predestination in Ephesians, he wasn’t talking about individual predestination but the predestination of mankind in a general sense. We all know all men will not be saved but it is predestined that some will and some will not. It would be interesting to find a reference book on the meaning of the words as they meant at the time of the writing of the New Testament. Holiness is not something we attain but it seems like we spend our entire lives trying to do just that.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 5 I believe we can take the message to mature in Christ as specific instructions to continue reading the Bible, study God’s word, walk in truth, walk in love and to do this for as long as we live. If we do this we will achieve the purpose we were created for.

coopertlc123
    Participant

lesson 6 God has provided the power necessary to defeat the enemy by giving us the Full armor of God which is strengthened and activated through prayer. we should pray on the armor of God daily in order to further the kingdom of God and to be able to give God his Glory.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 7 I was happy to hear Dr. Elliot say that once saved always saved is not so and not in the Bible. The teaching of once saved always saved is probably the most damaging, of the false teachings, to the kingdom.

coopertlc123
    Participant

lesson 8 The passage about religion in the end times having no Godliness nor life changing qualities is something that if we look into it too much, we can see everyday. I still think the false teachings of “saved always saved” have a lot to do with this. The false teachings of what constitutes salvation go hand and hand toward causing people to think they are saved and can do what they want because of grace.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 9 My belief about Hebrews 6:6 is, there is a line we can cross which will cause you to lose your salvation and only God knows and decides when you have done that. I do believe it is possible for someone to realize when they have crossed that line but not likely. I think in the process of crossing that line, you have distanced yourself so far from God that you will not notice his absence.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 10 James tells us that we must walk the walk. Talking the talk will not work. To me this means that we should constantly strive to live holy lives, understanding that we will fail from time to time, but keep our eyes focused on Jesus.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 11 Dr. Elliott stated that the church will be in heaven during the tribulation. I am not sure either way but I wish he had backed that statement up with scripture.

RBosic
    Participant

Lesson 1, Excommunication is the formal removal of an individual from church membership and the informal separation from that individual.

Lesson 2, The most important thing is loving well, not being right.

Lesson 3, Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but wordily sorrow brings death.

Lesson 4, Galatians 5:16 So I say, live in the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

Lesson 5, Ephesians 6:10-11 “Finally be strong in the Lord and his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the
    devil’s schemes”.

Lesson 6, Ephesians 6:17 (NIV) Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. The word is vital in our stand against
    our enemy.

Lesson 7, Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus”.

Lesson 8, Paul advocates good church administration to stand against false teaching. Paul says God’s administration or design is faith that has as its
    basis Agape-Love.

Lesson 9, Hebrews 2;3. “How shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation…”

Lesson 10, James 1:19 “My dear brother, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.”

Lesson 11, John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrightousness.”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.