Home Forums Harvest Track Old Testament Bible Survey

This topic contains 42 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Oladokun 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

After you complete each chapter you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lessons. (Please include the Lesson or Chapter number at the beginning of your comment. If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  stephenlawes.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  stephenlawes.

EvelynGardner
    Participant

I am finally able to begin studying. I really got the cart before the horse, wanting so much to take classes but not really having the time or energy to work and study. Oh well… I can now and I am happy. The first chapter of the book is an introduction to the Bible. I am amazed as I grew up going to church with my grandparents every Sunday. I listened to Bible stories in Sunday School and listened when my grandma and grandpa talked about Jesus. But I didn’t know anything about the Bible itself!! I see now how well organized it is and how interesting is has now become because it makes sense now and is not just a jumble of stories. I am very excited to begin to really understand and be able to talk about my faith. I thank God He led me on this path. 🙂

EvelynGardner
    Participant

It took me a while to finish Chapter II!! There was a lot to learn and I see how necessary it all is to understanding by putting the Bible together in categorical perspective. I have begun the reading with the Short Schedule but have not made up my mind whether to next tackle the Longer Schedule or the Complete Schedule. I would like to finish reading the Bible before I get too much older!! I have already read the Gospel of John as I think it is such a beautiful book. So, I’ve got one finished anyway. Now I am happy to begin Chapter III this evening 🙂

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 1

The 21 letters in the New testament which are addressed to all believers that are of purpose to guide us in living and help us do what Jesus commanded inspired me a lot especially when I read where we were directed to read, Romans chapter 12 as a good example of our teaching, I love it so much.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 2

I now know that as God made my physical body that I must have food daily in order to remain healthy, likewise in the same manner, my spirit must fed daily with the food of the word of God if perhaps I am to be spiritually healthy.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 3

As it is recommended in this course the use of King James Version Bible, I regard it as a great advantage to know the particular version of Bible I can be using which will lead me correctly to study the word of God, and as well to know the reason why it is selected which is the fact that it is accurate, it has good translation, it has more study tools like dictionary, concordance and commentary, and also it is available I’m more languages than any other version.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 4

It would be of a great help for me if I can understand how to create and expand the outline very well because, it will help me read and understand Bible a lot which I will put every effort to achieve.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 5

It is of great advantage for us today that the historical background of Israel was preserved which is very valuable to us to day, because it is through her history that we know God.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 6

The purpose of books of exoduses which is to record the deliverance of Israel from slavery and document their purpose for existence as a nation makes me know that nothing can hinder the plan of God for mankind; it also taught me that God does not forget anybody.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 7

The book of Leviticus which is to show Israel how to live as a holy nation in fellowship with God and prepare Israel to extend the redemptive plan of God to all nations tells me what God wanted from me, and it makes me know that God has plan for our eternity.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter8

With regard to the life and ministry principle of the book of numbers that God is not pleased with anything less than total commitment told me that to be a true worshiper and believer of God Almighty, I have to be absolutely commited to Him.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 9

According to the life and ministry principle of the book of Deuteronomy that obedience brings blessing and disobedience brings judgment teaches me how precious it is to be obedient to God Almighty so that I could be blessed and not to be judged.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 10

Regarding the life and ministry principle of the book of Joshua that no moral or spiritual victories are won without battles made it known to me that nothing ventures nothing gains, that I have to be very strong and brave especially in the Lord if I will overcome my challenges.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 11

From this book of Judges, I have got to know that there is divine pattern of chastisement designed to turn God’s people to salvation, so this book taught me that if I commit any sin as one of God’s people, God will want to bring me back to Himself but it would be via chastisement which I have noted.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 12

The purpose of the book of Ruth taught me that God has great concerns for all people and it made me know that no matter what a challenge I may be facing I have to know that God does not forget me but I have to be determined and faithful to Him.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 13

From the book of 1Samuel, I discovered that to obey God is better than sacrifice which means I should not look for alternative means instead of obeying God’s command, and from the book of 2 Samuel I have got to know that God can carry out His plan through me if I am obedient to Him in spite of my weaknesses as a human being.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 14

I learnt from the book of 1 kings that compromise may seem easy but I have to know that its consequences may be very disastrous , and I learnt from the book of 2 King that kingdoms of this world is temporal because it appears and disappears that I should not run after it.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 15

I discovered from the book of 1 Chronicles that when God is exalted people will become blessed, and this taught me a lesson that I should be praising God always with my whole heart, and from the book of 2 Chronicles I discovered that God’s blessing comes through humbling myself and seeking Him.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 16

From the book of Ezra I came to know that Return and restoration are basic principles of repentance, so for us to be restored back to God we will have to return to God to show that we have repented.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 17
    I have got to know from the book of Nehemiah that there is no opportunity without opposition, and as well I have to use my faith when there is time to do so without being afraid of being opposed.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 18

There was providential care of God for God’s people which was recounted in the book of Esther that taught me that God never forgets His people.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 19

It was a great lesson for all believers that there is a spiritual reason behind suffering of the righteous, that Suffering is not necessarily evidence of God’s displeasure towards a believer, it might be a temptation.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 20

I love the book of psalms a lot because, it is full of prayers, praises and encouraging words. I have some chapters that I do read during the time of my prayers. I learnt a lot of lesson from the book of Psalms especially Where intercession and confession were made.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 21

I came to know from this chapter that reading the book of proverb will be increasing my knowledge, understanding, wisdom and as well it will help me to live a simple life and how to deal with people in general.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 22

I understood this one thing in this chapter that without God there is nothing I can do so it tells me that Life apart from God is futile.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 23

According to this chapter I can understand from the book of Solomon that the divine model of love between a man and his wife is the pattern for relationship between Christ and the Church, it is quite amazing.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 24

Regarding this book of Isaiah I learnt that Rebellion leads to retribution while Repentance leads to
    restoration, so it is precious to embrace repentance.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 25

From the book of Jeremiah I was made to know that National disasters and deterioration are often due to
    disobedience to God, in that wise to avert disaster and deterioration people of every nation must be obedient to God.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 26

With regard to this chapter I was made to know that the book of Lamentation was written to produce repentance necessary for spiritual restoration, and I discovered that to be spiritually restored if one has once disobeyed God, one needs to be repentant.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 27

From the book of Ezekiel with the help of what I was taught in this lesson , I learnt that Prophet Ezekiel warned the Jews of coming captivity but they disregarded it, and then He prophesied to the captives after it occurred, it enlightens me that it is very important to heed warning especially from God so that I will not find myself in a difficult situation where no means will be available to stop it.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 28

I’ve got to know from the book of Daniel that God is sovereign and He honors those who honor Him, therefore as from today I will be honouring God with my life and all things that belong to me.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 29

To me I will think it is impossible to think that God would tell a man to marry a prostitute, but from this book of Hosea I could see that God can handle cases that have to do with human being in many different ways as He wants it and besides, going through the reasons while God wanted Hosea to marry prostitute told me more about God that He is very wonderful so, He can use anything according to His wishes to speak His mind.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 30

The Phrase “the day of the Lord” which Prophet Joel used which describes the seven-year tribulation period which will come upon the earth at the time of God’s final judgment is very fearful but I could think about one thing that I have to do which is to find a way of pleasing God which I believe is the only thing that can alleviate the fear about the day of the Lord.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 31

In this chapter, according to the book of Amos, I learnt that if I can go back to God there is hope for a brighter future.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 32

I learnt from this chapter according to the book of Obadiah that I should not look for a sinful way to get promotion or to be exalted because, God will bring me down if I am sinfully exalted.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 33

I have discovered from this chapter according to the book of Jonah that Salvation is not restricted by race, culture, or other barriers, that Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. This tells me that nobody is special and nobody is useless but everybody needs salvation from God so I have to preach to the rich and to the poor, either black or white without discrimination and fear.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 34

I learnt that the book of Micah was about a call to repentance to avoid judgment so this tells me that if I want to avoid judgement I have to be repentant of all my sins.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 35

In this chapter according to the book of Nahum I came to know that God avenges evil, actually it seems to me that God does not bother about how we human beings live because, those that do evils have no hurt and this made me conclude in my mind that God cares not much about people’s action in this world be it good or bad but, from what I learnt I came to know that God avenges evil.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 36

I have got to know that it is only the just that shall live by his faith so, the righteous man trusts, not in himself, but in God. the righteous are God-centered and therefore triumphant.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 37

In this chapter according to what the book of Zephaniah that Israel and all nations were warned of the judgment of God that is coming. It seems as if every body including believers do not believe in the coming judgement because, it is this deception of Satan people are embracing, but I have made up my mind that I will not give him any chance in my life, and that is why I am seeking for more knowledge of the word of God.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 38

I came to know from the this chapter according to the book of Haggai that Building God’s Kingdom should be a priority of the true believer.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 39

The control of the whole universe is in the hand of Almighty God so, it is God that controls the affairs of every men and women of all nations and in this regard, I came to know that there is nothing a man can do without God.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 40

I’ve got to know that the book of Malachi was written to call the nation to repentance and return to righteousness, and this tells me that it is always that God is expecting everyone of us to come to repentance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.