Home Forums Trinity Track Spritual Warfare

Tagged: 

This topic contains 123 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  RBosic 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

PBob
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare 1
    Satin, the Devil was thrown out of heaven because of sin. 1/3 of the angles were thrown out with him. Satin was jealous of God and wants to be God. Sorry Charlie, the jobs already taken.

PBob
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare 2
    Glory of God
    Satin is prideful and jealous of God and followers of God, Christians. He attacks us to take away Gods Glory.
    I find the 3 views of the world very interesting to learn about The Animistic Worldview being that all the natural and supernatural worlds are inseparable and that the Western Worldview believes that they are completely separate. Whereas the Biblical Worldview sees 3 realms of existence; God, Angels and people. God is the sole occupant of the deity. GOD!
    I would like to address ? # 4. I seems that there are two correct answers. Which it not? A & B. Am I missing something?

bchiagouris
      Participant

I had to look at number 4 twice also Bob. I think it is B even though the answer references Divine, it doesn’t use the term God. I could be wrong. I was once before in my life.

PBob
        Participant

Hey Barry, I could get Divine for God and Human for People/things but Time and Space for Angels just did not do it so I think they are both NOT! I think Steve has to give us that one like the old days. I miss the old days when there were no papers to write……….

bchiagouris
          Participant

Me too.lol

rudyrudolph
          Participant

Hey Bob, got to agree with you that there are two correct answers to the question, since there are three Realms of Worldview existence:
          God, Angels, and People/things.
          So the is nots are: Space/God/Angels and Human/Devine/Time.
          Yep, poorly worded question that should be thrown out.
          Rudy

PBob
            Participant

yes Rudy it should be. Artus turned in her test with the answer C and got 100%. Ron was going to ask Steve but changed his mind and put down C. I wrote notes on this one and am not going to turn in my test until it is addressed. Are we having fun yet??

Cheryldoerfel
            Participant

I say cross off the word “not” :0)

robertaleps
      Participant

It is interesting that Satan is jealous of God and us Christians because of Glory. Since we are made in God’s image and he was not, so he is jealous that we are capable of glory with God. And since he cannot attack God directly, he attacks us Christians, Gods children, to try to discredit God and therefore underhandedly appear to steal Gods glory.

bchiagouris
    Participant

I liked the analogy the Professor illustrated about Jesus taking the stinger from the bee and rendering it harmless. It is a wonderful reminder to all believers that our Lord defeated Satan and took away his power, and sting at the Cross. Now the only power he has over us is what we yield to him and how we respond to his temptations. 1st John 4:4 says “Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” What a wonderful passage to reflect upon during times of temptation.

MeriLynn
      Participant

I love that Scripture, Barry… I live by it. It gives me hope and courage and a sense of true peace. Thanks!

douglasleps
      Participant

Response to Barry Spiritual Warfare lesson 2.
      Thank you for reminding us that the only power Satan has over us is the power we allow him. Keep that armor on and buttoned up tight.

robertaleps
      Participant

Love that verse, perfectly fitting for the bee analogy too. The Holy Spirit, Jesus, is in us and He is greater the the evil one who rules the world, but God is bigger and higher than the world! Amen!!

PBob
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare 3
    Heavy 1st half
    I like the analogy of the state capital and the many arms or areas of life, where the arms or areas of life are attacked and influenced where the capital is not. Demons own nothing. God owns Demons. It is possible to have good and evil in same person. A couch-potato Christian is subject to attack. It is impossible for Satan to own Christians but possible to experience attacks. I have experienced many. I like the analogy of the bee without a singer flying around with no real power to sting us which leads to lies and deception.
    Satan attacks believers because he already has non-believers so we have to be wary constantly. The Holy Spirit enters us upon conversion so Satan cannot Indwell in us. He uses lies and deceptions to try to sway us away to sin. Are we having fun yet?

bchiagouris
      Participant

Well stated, my brother from another mother!

bchiagouris
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare 3ab.
    I wanted to make mention about the Professor’s comments on demonization of believers and possession. He states that Christians defend their position against demon possession through the scriptures 1st John 4:4 James 3:12, 2nd Corinthians 6:14-18 etc. He also defends his position concerning light dwelling with darkness through the book of Job, referencing how Satan was in God’s presence thereby qualifying his statement. I personally don’t think that God allowing Satan to enter His heavenly realm is the same as God allowing demons to enter believers on this earth, who are paid and bought for by the blood of Jesus. As believers, we are protected by Our God and have His angels watching over us. Ephesians 1:13 states we are sealed with the Holy Spirit till the day of redemption guaranteeing are salvation. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 states “but the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. There are over 22 passages if not more promising God’s care and protection for His children. That said, we cannot take the attacks of the enemy with a passive nature. Because we are His children, we are under more attack than non believers. We must be aware of Satan’s strategies and protect ourselves with the armor of God daily as found in Ephesians Chapter 6. I also heard a very good definition of strongholds that truly rings true for all of us: Strongholds are reoccurring compulsive thoughts about something or someone, area of weakness in believers lives that are subject to the enemies strategies in knocking us down. We must remain diligent in prayer, the reading of God’s word and rest in the fact that Greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world 1st John 4:4. Isaiah 54:17 is also a reminder that there is no weapon formed against us that shall prosper.”
    Although the Professor does state that demons can’t dwell within believers as the Holy Spirit, there are implications in his lecture that for me were a bit disturbing and unfounded. Sorry for the lengthy comment!

tomdoerfel
      Participant

Bob and Barry are definitely teachers pets…very thorough and descriptive. No arguments from me and sorry about erroneously starting another forum when making my initial comment on spiritual warfare.

bchiagouris
    Participant

Lesson 4ab
    I just wanted to comment on what a great lecture this was concerning our identity in Christ. A few weeks ago I was visiting my family in Chicago and I attended church at the House of Hope. The Pastor’s sermon was exactly on this message of believers’ position, found in the book of Ephesians. He said if Christians realized how loved they were by God and who they were in Christ, the church would change the world for God. It is a reality that too often we see ourselves as just sinners saved by grace instead of Children of the King of Kings equipped with every spiritual blessing from above. What a great encouragement and reminder in this lesson concerning our identity. I think reading all those scriptures daily that are in our notes will change how we perceive our selves in Christ. We as the Body of Christ can make a huge difference for the Kingdom of God, because of what He has done for all of us!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  bchiagouris.

PBob
      Participant

Right on Barry!

tomdoerfel
      Participant

And yes Barry, the way we identify ourselves in Christ is foundational. Seems like most challenges we face are when we let that guard down…our identity in Christ!

PBob
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare 4
    We must be prepared by staying focused on Christ. I like how Terry says to take thoughts captive and see if they are true. My test is so simple: I just say “Satan be Gone!, Jesus Help Me!” KISS. If they were not Christ thoughts then they go away. BAM! Terry says to ask yourself, “Is who you are determined by what you do or is what you do determined by who you are?”. I like this formula that Terry gives us: You + Christ = Wholeness and Meaning. I really like when he says “No person can behave in a way incompatible of how you perceive yourself.”
    PERCEPTION: Identity in Christ. Keep our minds on Christ because if Satan can trip us up he can control our thoughts.

bchiagouris
      Participant

You are definitely in the Christ zone Bob! No weapon formed against you will prosper!

tomdoerfel
      Participant

I enjoy saying good job again Bob and pray others can learn from our mistakes!

douglasleps
      Participant

Response to P.O. SW lesson 4
      I agree…. You + Christ = wholeness and meaning. And if we follow that simple formula our perception of our self will be in line with who we are.

bchiagouris
    Participant

In Lesson 5ab I like the story of Billy Graham and his wife touring Scotland Yard and the counterfeit money department. Mrs. Graham’s thoughts were it must take a great deal of studying counterfeit money to determine the real stuff. I thought the reply was great! It’s in studying the real money where you get your discernment in what is genuine and what is fake. The meaning was the more we study the Word of God, the more we can distinguish and extinguish the fiery darts of Satan and his counterfeit lures when he tosses them our way. Very Cool!

PBob
      Participant

I liked that too Barry. We must focus on the TRUTH. You must have a different lesson 5 than me. I heard that in an earlier lesson. Another enlightening class, eh?

tomdoerfel
      Participant

Yes Barry and keeping focused/sharp minded…iron sharpens iron!

douglasleps
      Participant

Response to Barry Spiritual Warfare lesson 5.
      I too relate to the analogy of Scotland Yard and the counterfeit money department. Makes perfect sense to first concentrate on what is REAL before trying to decide what is fake. Get your spiritual foundation right first!

PBob
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare 5
    Ha Ha, Short lesson. I like how Terry says we partake of the Devine Essence but we are not the Devine Essence. We are united with Christ. We were formerly Darkness and now we are the Light of the Lord. God don’t I relate to that!! Power or Truth? Power and Truth combined will defeat Satan and his demons. We all need to be equipped to reject Satan and his Demons.

PBob
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare 6
    So the war was real that went on inside my head after starting into recovery. It went on for some time in living color. Thank God for winning that battle as I did not realize exactly what was going on at the time. Lesson 6 has a lot of good information in it and every time I listen I hear something new. “THE WORLD IS AN EXTENSION OF SATAN.” Occult, generational sin, personal sin, drug use, false teaching can all open the door for Satan (little g). Terry talks about testing for demonic possession and I look forward to hearing how he does that. My test is “Satan be gone, Jesus Help Me”. He sure made up for the short lesson #5.

tomdoerfel
      Participant

Again, well said Bob. As we get to know eachother, seems to me you’re style of chewing on this material and putting your personal spin on it may appeal to your attorney older brother one day! 🙂

robertaleps
      Participant

Yes Bob. I’m really enjoying this series too. The battle in my head is real and the little worldly “g” plants negative thoughts I. my head. It takes a lot of work, diligence and obedience to fight the fight but our Lord Jesus lives in us and gives us the miraculous will to fight the good fight. Since salvation, he lives within, and I have a choice. Thank You Jesus for already winning the war!

MeriLynn
    Participant

Spiritual Warefare Lesson 1

My new word… Palo… To sway backward and forward… To struggle. Yes, we are in a struggle between good and evil and it is so apparent in this day and age. I too see that many, especially in our Christian society, have become complacent about the existence of Saten and his minions and the chaos and confusion that they bring. I am not one to go around assigning every little thing to Satan as some do, but he certainly has a firm hold on many these days! Because of Jesus and what he did for me at the cross, I am honored to be given authority over darkness and I am very interested in this series and all that I can learn to be prepared should that need arise!
    I enjoyed learning and reading in Isaiah and Ezekiel about how Satan “would make himself like the Most High” the 4 “I will” statements showed just how prideful and jealous Satan was of God. He didn’t want to be a reflection of God’s Glory… he wanted the Glory for himself. Good to know that he has been defeated!!!

PBob
      Participant

Well stated. Welcome to Spiritual Warfare. Your posts are very insightful. Thanks

PBob

robertaleps
      Participant

You have a very good understanding Meri Lynn. I too am very interested in this series. Its so important that we are fully aware at all times especially because we are Christians, we are even more so under attack.

douglasleps
      Participant

Response to MeriLynn Spiritual Warfare 1:
      I also am finding this series very interesting. Now in addition to my prayers I find myself rebuking Satan in the name of Jesus.
      I find it to work as a ” one two punch!”

bchiagouris
    Participant

Lesson 9
    I’m not sure if I would want to be involved in a deliverance ministry, however it is great to know the 5 step format that Dr. Wise laid out for preparation. I also believe understanding our position and delegated authority in Christ is worthy and vital information for all believers as we combat the enemies attacks.

PBob
      Participant

Me too Barry. Did you skip 6, 7 and 8?

robertaleps
      Participant

I don’t feel that I am equipped to cast out demons but when the speaker was covering the preparation portion in finding out where Satan found his open doors to gain a foot hold in peoples lives, I could imagine dealing with each individual circumstance and sin which in turn may lead to the end result of casting out as a whole.

PBob
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare 7
    We need to keep in mind that God has given us the authority to cast out demons. It is not our power it is God’s power and authority. It’s like we are agents of God. It reminds me of when I worked on adaptive equipment for severely handicapped institutionalized kids and people would praise my work, but I knew nothing, and would say to them, “it is not I but the Christ within that does the work”

tomdoerfel
      Participant

I like your train of thought Bob, as we do His will its not like we are looking for a fight with a bunch of demons, it’s just doing the next right thing and knowing that God gets the glory and he’s given us different gifts to accomplish just that.

douglasleps
        Participant

Response to tomdoerful Spiritual Warfare lesson 7
        Looking for a fight???? Tom , I’m not sure I’m in shape or even ready for a fight. Gotta keep woking out my Spiritual Muscles.

PBob
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare8
    Finishing what started in 7, we must put on the full armor of God and be prepared for spiritual warfare at all times. Prayers of Praise and Truth keep us armed and ready to defeat Satan’s attacks.

tomdoerfel
      Participant

Yes Bob and Cheryl, thank you for pointing out the strengths of lesson 8 as I got a little stuck on his constructive criticism of American church thinking.

PBob
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare 10-11
    I find this deliverance process very interesting also but am not sure I want to be involved in this process. Are we the cowards that will be standing by the lake of fire?

robertaleps
      Participant

Gosh, I hope not Bob. I am interested in getting involved. I really understand the whole process and know a few people in my life that may be a candidate for deliverance. I would definitely need more time, quit my day job, lol. And training. The need to definitely memorize scripture as probably the biggest tool I need to work on… and the questionnaire, the information gathering form, is a great tool. The willingness is there. I really am looking forward to doing more of God’s work. Tell me where to go Lord, I want to follow!

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare lessons 1-3

These lessons interested me to the point where I forgot to write a comment till now…extremely interesting! I’ve been reading Gods Word and doing devotionals for many years, but studying in this format is quite different, challenging, and also very intriguing. I’m not too keen on trying to figure out what sometimes seems to be trick questions but don’t get bogged down about it either.

There’s been a number of topics that confirmed my belief system, as Dr Wise puts it, but one in particular stuck out. Spiritual warfare is a wierd topic for most people, but I absolutely agree that its better to possibly hurt someone’s feelings and think of ways to get them to recognize the enemy and his tactics than to sit idle and have people we care for suffer.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Spiritual warfare 4

Love it! Is who we are what we do -or- is what we do who we are?!!!!

Another point of contention…if the enemy can’t read my mind then how can he put evil thoughts in it?…hmmmm. I do like the concept since I now have an excuse for them… 🙂

tomdoerfel
      Participant

The point of contention is obviously for Bob!!!

PBob
        Participant

Sometimes I pay attention Tom

robertaleps
      Participant

I wondered the same thing Tom. If satan cannot read my thoughts how can he put thoughts in my mind? But that also means he can plant the thought and what I do with it is up to me and how prepared I am, from renewing my mind, and taking my thoughts captive, determining if its true and keeping my mind clean by being in God’s word, as I understand that’s what this lesson is stressing the great importance to us as children of God.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  robertaleps.

bendoerfel
    Participant

Spiritual warfare lesson 2

Loved his bumble bee illustration. He keeps coming back to how everything was designed for the glorification of God which is awesome. I think that’s a great filter for our daily lives. Is what I’m doing glorifying God.

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 3

How easy it is for satan to get footholds in our lives. Satan uses our environment to deceive us, starting with stimulation, then temptation, consideration of temptation, and then action. We need to replace satan’s lies with God’s truth, right from the start.

robertaleps
    Participant

Lesson 1 laid a good foundation for the series. Very interesting to be reminded that satan has his team of 1/3 angels with him, he is able to be more often intimidating & annoying… but that’s it Absolutely Jesus won the war already on the Cross. Amen

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  robertaleps.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Spiritual warfare 5&6:

As we get into some heavier stuff, learning to discern between oppression and consequences from bad choices is vital. 6-A was bringing up a variety of areas that people either don’t want to talk about or simply don’t believe in from our western culture perspective. Then, as my brain was running wild with ideas from personal situations, 6-B countered my over the top thoughts with a practical balance personal choices and ancestor generational curses/blessings. I don’t think he went into the blessings area but generationally speaking that’s what we’re all dealing with is a combination of the two.

PBob
    Participant

Yes, we now have 8 open SW forums. Very confusing.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare 7

The concept of our instructions to invade enemy territory with ability and power through delegation can only enlighten us to our past, present, and future responsibilities as His soldiers in Christ. 20/20 spiritual hindsight reveals our past experiences of victories and failures, some of them amusing and some not so. For me and my family, enememy territory has had no boundaries. At times, downtown Key West resembles sodom and Gomorrah…being on the front lines of the battlefield. But I’ve also witnessed some nasty enemy stuff inside church walls. At other times, God has been glorified right there on Duvall St and of course we enjoy His presence immensely on a regular basis in church, despite the enemy’s tactics of disruption in either of these two places. However, I believe the essence of the battle is done within our heart, soul, and mind regardless of our physical location. My battle is to stay more and more in His presence on a daily basis.

douglasleps
    Participant

Spiritual warfare lesson 3
    I liked Romans 8:6-7. The mind set on the flesh is death. But the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace. Its really that simple.
    The unsaved are those who exchanged the truth of God for a lie.

douglasleps
    Participant

Response to P.O. Spiritual Warfare 6
    I totally agree with the war in our head’s.
    It takes place everyday. But forewarned is forearmed!
    Just heading that the world and it’s views is an extension of Satan is a real eye opener… Really brings home the idea of putting on the armour everyday. Its a war out there

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 4

Two things it would be so helpful to remember:
    1. You + Christ = wholeness in meaning
    2. Satan says I get my identity from what I’ve done, God says I get my identity from what God has done for me

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 5

I like the thought that standing on the truth we are eternally different. We can have confidence in our identity in Christ.

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 6

We need to be constantly on the watch for things that give satan footholds. People who don’t believe in demonic control miss opportunities to minister to people. He says Christianity is warfare and means participating in battle. Wow! I liked the 2 aspects of faith that help us overcome the world. 1. revealed truth- God’s word (noun)
    2. personal application of Jesus’ victory (verb)

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 7

I like the connection between the breastplate of righteousness and confession. I haven’t thought much about confession, but to think of it as a daily cleansing, used every day. I just like it. To stand firm in righteousness also stood out to me.

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 8

I liked what he said about faith, that faith is what you believe about God, and the more you know, the greater your faith. It is so true. My faith would be stagnant if I wasn’t involved in learning. Devotions, sermons, and these classes help so much. He also said faith is what you believe in your mind and is translated into what you do.

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 9

I hope I never have to do this. Sounds scary. But I suppose if God wants me to do it He will prepare me.

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

Lesson 11

Spiritual mediocrity- it’s easier to sit back and follow along than becoming actively involved in spiritual warfare. The Israelites won battles because God drove out the enemies, but they did have to participate, and so do we. When they didn’t seek God, they got into trouble and it will be the same for us. Always remember, if God is for us, who can be against?

bendoerfel
    Participant

This whole teaching on spiritual warfare was an awakening for me and my walk with the Lord. Knowing there is always a battle to be had in the spiritual realm makes me so much more eager to pray and be in communion with God. I loved how hard Dr. Wise drove home the importance of powerful consistent prayer. In my own life I know I lack in this area a lot but I am really looking forward to using all of these courses to my advantage for being closer to God in my walk! Dr. Wise was very detailed in every area he was teaching and I love that about these lectures. Almost every question that came up in my mind he answered. Absolutely blown away by the stories of prayer he shared. I can’t wait to see how God can use me for his glory!

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Warfare lesson 8:

Reminded me why most people don’t go to church. After his nice tongue lashing of our western thinking being out of touch with biblical thinking-with many valid points, the long doctrinal prayer left me in left field. I’m not disagreeing with any of his teaching, it just seemed very condenscending. Hoping the next chapter hits a little closer to home.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Spiritual warfare lesson 9:

Wow…Dr Wise left the churchy praying behind and brought us right back to reality-real spiritual warfare as he shot straight from the hip. To keep a clear conscience, I’m going to have to listen and study on this lesson a number of times. Basically, Dr Wise blindsided me with black and white issues we all face and a systematic approach on how to help eachother mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Spiritual warfare lesson 10:

A very straight forward, no nonsense approach to a most disturbing subject left me alert and ready to learn more. Personally, I’ve made bad decisions in my youth where the enemy could potentially get a foothold; however, in my adult years I learned of saints that prayed a hedge of protection around my life starting with my grandmother, mom and dad, and the circle of believers in their sphere of influence that knew of my past bad decisions I was making. Therefore, the enemy never gained a foothold in my life, although my poor choices did result in some pretty poor consequences that needed resolution. This study has encouraged and empowered me all the more to take full advantage of the power we have in Christ Jesus to help others.

In response to some of the comments, there’s a sense that we don’t want to leave our life of luxury and go to Africa to be a missionary…

RBosic
    Participant

First, I will start off by saying there is no correct answer to Question number 4 as it is poorly written and since there are two wrong answers and no way to know which wrong answer Dr. Wise wants. I am going to assume that he wants to know which answer includes the three realms, which would now have only one correct answer. Perhaps Pastor Steve can elaborate on this question in his talk for this section.

Lesson 1, Reflects Satan and his followers, one third of the fallen angels who followed Satan into battle against God being sent to Earth until God makes his final sentencing for Satan and his followers.

Lesson 2, The only power Satan has over us is the power that We allow him to have.

Lesson 3, Western World View believes that the Natural & Supernatural are completely separate as opposed to the Animistic World View who believe that they are inseparable.

Lesson 4, Emphasizes something I was not familiar with which is some of our human thoughts are placed in our minds by Satan. In the past for me, I would always start praying when and the thoughts would immediately vanish and now for the first time, through these courses, I am finding out why. Prayer defeats Satan and although I do not know why I have always been drawn to prayer for help I certainly feel blessed for perhaps what I refer to as my Guardian Angel sent by God to watch over me, protect me and guide me through the Holy Spirit.

Lesson 5, Satan’s use of deception to gain control of you and again you can throw him out through prayer and the following of the Ten Commandments.

Lesson 6, Again the door is open to Satan anytime you sin or practice any behavior that is not from the Holy Spirit.

Lesson 7, I understand that we have the authority to cast out the demons but I will look for signs that I am acting on God’s behalf as I tread lightly in this territory that I am totally unfamiliar with.

Lesson 8, Faith is what you believe about God and the more you know, the greater your Faith which is why I try to learn about other religions and their beliefs so as to strengthen my Faith and prepare myself to go forward with greater knowledge.

Lesson 9, 10, 11. The Deliverance Process is very interesting indeed, to say the least, but I am not sure when I will be ready for it, However I do believe God through the Holy Spirit will guide me through this process if and when it is necessary.

tomdoerfel
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare lessons 1-3

These lessons interested me to the point where I forgot to write a comment till now…extremely interesting! I’ve been reading Gods Word and doing devotionals for many years, but studying in this format is quite different, challenging, and also very intriguing. I’m not too keen on trying to figure out what sometimes seems to be trick questions but don’t get bogged down about it either.

There’s been a number of topics that confirmed my belief system, as Dr Wise puts it, but one in particular stuck out. Spiritual warfare is a wierd topic for most people, but I absolutely agree that its better to possibly hurt someone’s feelings and think of ways to get them to recognize the enemy and his tactics than to sit idle and have people we care for suffer.

PBob
    Participant

coopertlc123
    Participant

I am on Spiritual Warfare lesson 6. It is my understanding that we need to post for each lesson and to respond to 2 other posts. I can not find posts for all lessons. Am I missing something? I was going to ask Steve last night but I do not want to be a pest. He has helped me so much all ready.

PBob
    Participant

There should be only one topic open for SW. The original Spiritual Warfare has all Chapters in it. Someone opened 7 more with random chapters which makes it very confusing.

douglasleps
    Participant

When it comes to Satan, I believe at least from my own experience that the closer I get to God, the more he tries to trip me up. Balance is the key…
    Understand who he is, what he tries to do, and how he tries to do it!

coopertlc123
    Participant

That is a true statement. When we are not close to God, Satan is not concerned with us. Our relationship with God is a threat to satan so the closer we get to God the greater the threat we are to satan

PBob
    Participant

robertaleps
    Participant

I think this will be an excellent series to inform us and make us aware of just how real spiritual warfare is and all the evil ones schemes to look out for. Lets sharpen our tools and put on our gear as Warriors for Christ!

coopertlc123
    Participant

I agree. Very interesting stuff here. I often wonder how sin came to be in heaven. I understand the part about the beauty of Satan and all that but how do you suppose he went from blameless and close to God to a sinful angel? We have to believe that in one moment there was no sin and the next moment there was sin. I just wonder how this happened. And I guess to take it a step further, could it happen again?

PBob
    Participant

EvelynGardner
    Participant

I just started the course and am already excited to read more and look forward to the insights shared by the other students. I was very interested to read that our problems in the natural world, in this life, originate in the spiritual world and used the terrible trials of Job as an example of true piety and love we should strive toward. It will be good to learn what weapons and tools will be necessary to acquire in order to not only protect ourselves but wage successful battle. So, onto Lesson 2.

douglasleps
    Participant

I like the comparison Dr. Wise makes about Satan and a bee with its stinger removed. If you know it’s stinger has been removed, it can still be annoying, but you know it can’t hurt you.
    Much like us as Christian believers… satan can sure be annoying….. but knowing that Jesus took away the stinger gives us peace.

coopertlc123
    Participant

The bee is a great analogy. Oh death, where is thy sting. To me that is the greatest threat from Satan, death. My heart rejoices that Jesus defeated Satan and death so that we might live. To me the true stinger is the threat of death.

PBob
    Participant

robertaleps
    Participant

IT’S A GLORY ISSUE! Boy I see where the evil one and his associates sneak in every where he can in my life, it can be a bad word, gossip, reminiscing bad things I’ve done in the past to qualify myself as cool, spontaneous actions I don’t think through before I act or comment, even clothing. Anything to take away Glory from God. And when you are openly Christian it seems like people put you under a microscope to point out… Look at what you’re doing or saying, and pick you apart. People are watching, and Satan is taking every chance he can to discredit me in order to discredit God. It’s tough living in the public eye! Gotta put on the armor of God and go to war! Spiritual war, every day!

coopertlc123
    Participant

I can look back at any and every day of my life and see constant temptation. Sometimes I won and sometimes I lost. Praise God for his infinite love and forgiveness. I have not looked at daily temptations as spiritual warfare until now. I hope I can recognize it as it happens and glorify God with my response.

PBob
    Participant

coopertlc123
    Participant

After learning more in depth information concerning Satan’s downfall, I have a clearer understanding as to why God despises pride, as he does. A humble heart and spirit are greatly favored by God.

PBob
    Participant

coopertlc123
    Participant

I have always believed in angels and demons but I have never actually encountered either, to the point of recognition of the encounter or identity of either. I know several Christians that have claimed to actually see demons, in various forms. I have assumed that foe whatever reason, God has spared me from these encounters. The other possibility is that I have never presented enough of a threat to Satan to bother with me. Perhaps after this course that will all change. I am not sure how I feel about that.

PBob
    Participant

coopertlc123
    Participant

I have never realized that the thoughts, causing me to do something that does not honor God, were introduced by demons. Based upon this, I have to say that I have lost many battles. With this knowledge, I believe I will be in a better position to resist demonic attempts to influence my thinking and therefore effecting my actions.

PBob
    Participant

coopertlc123
    Participant

This one is packed with great realities. All my thoughts not being my own provides a sense of relief in that we know where they come from and we can win by rejection of the thoughts through the obedience to Christ. Aw we have been made clear as to our identity, a new direction comes into focus. I believe that for me, I will have an easier time sorting out things and better remain focused upon Jesus.

coopertlc123
    Participant

There are so many things I am learning that I realize I do not have nearly the understanding of the Bible as I thought. I have been an on again; off again Christian for over 50 years. (praise God, mostly on). The entire concept of spiritual warfare and methods of attack and defense are something I wish I had learned a long time ago. I am anxious to experience the changes this will make in my life

coopertlc123
    Participant

I have never really understood why children, and to the 3rd and 4th generation, suffer from the sins of their ancestors. It seems to me that it is immeasurably important to break the cycle in order to give our children and grandchildren a better chance. The discovery of dna and genetics certainly speaks plainly to the passing down of physical issues, so it is obvious, that in the spiritual realm the same thing occurs. We truly are in a battle and as followers of Christ, it is incumbent upon us to lead those that do not have the knowledge. At this moment I feel as though I would be shirking my duty to do otherwise.

coopertlc123
    Participant

In order for us to have Power and authority we are required to have our lives unconditionally fully submitted to the Holy Spirit. How will we know when we have achieved this. I fail often and struggle continuously. I succeed sometimes also. In order to have the boldness required, I would like to have a better understanding of at what moment we are to believe we are totally submitted to the Holy Spirit. This is definitely a thought provoking course.

coopertlc123
    Participant

It seems to me that putting on the whole armor of God, in conjunction with prayer, is the primary focus for spiritual warfare battle. I particularly liked the concept of praying using Biblical doctrine and actually praying relevant verses from the Bible. Strengthening our prayer life should be our number one priority. Reading the Bible is critical in that our knowledge of truth, our faith, and our understanding of processes and principles are increased.

bchiagouris
    Participant

I thought Dr. Wise’s comments on forgiveness was very profound and meaningful: “Forgiveness is really between you and God; not you and the offender.” It certainly creates a different perspective when you know that you can run to Jesus with an unforgiving heart and let go of the anger to Him and be free.

coopertlc123
    Participant

I have pondered forgiveness for a long time. We are to forgive others as God forgives us. I have never seen this as automatic. We must confess our sin and ask forgiveness before our sins are forgiven. If forgiveness was automatic there would be no reason for any of this. We would come out of the womb and automatically be forgiven. I have always believed that we do not allow our minds and lives to be controlled by a wrong done to us but forgiveness for that wrong requires the person to ask for it. That is what God requires and we are to forgive as he does. I am not claiming to be correct, simply sharing some thoughts.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Some thoughts about the person who has done something wrong to you asking for your forgiveness-this may very possibly never happen (I know from experience) and the person may even attempt to do more wrong to you. I have had to turn to God and give the situation to him and ask him to please take away my anger so that the situation would not interfere with my daily life and then I had to stay away from the person attempting to do me wrong. Life became more peaceful.

coopertlc123
    Participant

The praying on the whole armor of God struck me as very powerful. I have to admit this is an area in which I tend to be weak. I am going to make it a point to do this. I cant help but feel I will be in a tremendously better position to deal with daily battles.

coopertlc123
    Participant

The five step outline to deliver a person from satanic and demonic bondage helps one to understand how the areas of demonic involvement are identified and approached. It seems to me like the approach is to cover any and every area, identified on their questionnaire, in order to make sure you don’t miss anything. The process of slowly and methodically weakening the demon(s) and or satan as you clear up one area at a time is interesting. I have seen tv evangelists cast out demons by putting their hand on the head of one being demonized. I have often wondered if that was real or not. However, Jesus cast them out with a simple command.

coopertlc123
    Participant

All I can say is this course gave me an entirely different perspective on my walk with God. I think I need to get out of the wilderness.

robertaleps
    Participant

Wow! I’m blown away about how sneaky, underhanded and subtle satan is in the way he attacks our identity of ourselves in which influences our behavior and effectiveness for Gods Kingdom and His Glory. I need to be secure in who I am so I can live a bold life of abundant joy and radiance of Jesus’ light.

douglasleps
    Participant

This lesson brought up some interesting questions.
    Who are you??
    Is who you are determined by what you do? OR
    Is what you do determined by who you are???
    Are we children of God or are we Warriors for Christ?
    Putting on our armour everyday?
    I truly believe we are both..We need to be secure in our Christian convictions. Satan tries so hard to gain a foothold and convince us that his lies are true and that we are not worthy. But the entire book of Ephesians tells us over and over that we are someone. Being in Christ and Christ in us.

douglasleps
    Participant

Knowledge is power. Just knowing that Satan’s only power is in lies. What a great help in dealing with day to day life. That the truth of God exposes him and breaks the power of his lies. Dr Wise said it best when he said we have to “out truth” Satan.

robertaleps
    Participant

The hard part is to remember that as I go out in the mission field, to my job, in public, in my home, in my head. I have such a quick forgetter, I need to keep it fresh, by being in the word, filling my mind with good Godly things,fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ, being in prayer, etc.

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

And to know the truth we have to keep our noses in the Word, renewing our minds and replacing lies with truth, and memorize scripture. We can work at memory verses at our own pace. Just keep working’. :0)

robertaleps
    Participant

Terry Wise states that “Our view of God is foundational to everything else.” One of the ways Satan deceives us is in our views of God. One of satan’s tricks is for us to view God as our earthy father. I haven’t had an earthly father since I was 13. When my earthly father was in my life, he had none of the characteristics that I personally know my heavenly Father has. My heavenly Father, God, has my best interests in mind. My earthly father was of this world, not of God and I find great comfort knowing I am a child of God. I have always viewed God as my Father, my only true Father, and I am so eternally grateful for His pure love.

douglasleps
    Participant

Although sin is no longer our master, sin is still alive, strong, and appealing. A powerful message.I particularly liked Dr. Wise’s statement that we are aliens and strangers on this earth. We should not love the world.
    As Christians , He goes on to say “you are not of this world and therefore the world hates you”
    The world is an extension of Satan.
    We will get contaminated because of where we live! But look to 1John 1:9 for the remedy.
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

robertaleps
    Participant

I try every time I go into my workplace dressed in the armor of God, prayers said, mind fed with His word, and determined to be the light in the darkness. I still get contaminated in some subtle spontaneous way, and then at the end of the night, before I lie to rest, I try to take a moral inventory of my day, see where I was wrong, ask forgiveness, get up the next day and do it again. Sometimes better, sometimes not so much. It is an ongoing battle. Good help me!

douglasleps
    Participant

This lesson made me feel SO unworthy and unprepared,
    even though Dr. Wise says we are saints who sometimes sin.
    Truth and Power is mentioned a lot. Again I feel unworthy.
    I worry because the effectiveness of our authority in the name of the Lord is dependant upon the degree of our faith and that we must be in submission to God to be effective. Am I there yet? Am I ready? Is my faith strong enough? Sometimes I feel like I have my breastplate on inside out.

robertaleps
    Participant

That’s the way I Feel after listening to this lesson also. Not bold enough, oh me of little faith; it’s Jesus, not me, I do have that part right, humility. Though I did have a realization by the end of the lesson Dr Wise states the importance of confession of sin. I now realize this is a daily requirement to being in submission, not just once a week at communion, and then I can be the righteousness of God.

douglasleps
    Participant

Not long ago I heard a powerful testimony from a fellow CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association) where two men in long white trench coats appeared along side him in a time of desperate need.
    The story of the 26 armed guards that were seen surrounding the medical missionary by the would be robbers shows the power of prayer. Dr. Wise describes it as The power of prayer that overcomes the dark deeds of the enemy. Wow what a story as it goes on to pin point the exact date and number of men praying for that missionary.
    That’s the kind of prayer life I want!

robertaleps
    Participant

My Spirit led prayers are often triggered during our praise and worship at church. God strongly puts things on my heart to pray for. It’s often very powerful and overwhelming. That’s the realest prayers I experience. Not out of duty, or habit, or a list, (although I do have lists hence I will forget). But I just absolutely LOVE those moments during worship. That’s when I Feel the closet communication with God.

robertaleps
    Participant

I’d like to have a copy of Neil Anderson’s Confidential Inventory form. I found all the examples of questions quite useful and was answering many of the questions for myself as Dr Wise was stating them. I am so thankful that I accepted Jesus as my Savior early in my childhood because I was exposed to so much sin, in my life and the lives of my family, and I believe that God has saved me from myself always providing a way out as I have been determined to continually seek a closer relationship with Him.

douglasleps
    Participant

This chapter really opened my eyes. I thought my Christian life was pretty solid and I try to project that image on a daily basis, but after listening to this lesson I realize I am no where near ready for any kind of demonic encounter.
    The broad 5 steps are a good start, and I’d like to find a copy of Neil Andersons confidentiality form, but that is some heavy duty stuff.
    Also how do you decide if someone is in demonic bondage. Many people are in bondage to alcohol, drugs, and other things, and I realize those may be entry points for demons, but when does it cross the line to demonic posession?

robertaleps
    Participant

ANY VOLUNTEERS??

robertaleps
    Participant

I like the example Dr Wise gave about the unity of the church, the importance of sticking together and not be divided was like a campfire when the timbers are small, alone and scattered they can be consumed quickly, but when it is one solid piece of log its a steady and long lasting flame.

douglasleps
    Participant

I’m a big advocate for sharing testimony. So I was very glad to hear Dr Wise speak of the importance of having people, once delivered from demons, to give their testimony as part of the process. It’s always a powerful message, and lends credibility to the Deliverence Ministry.

Cheryldoerfel
    Participant

I always enjoy lessons on the armor of God. You will like those lectures. :0)

PBob
    Participant

Cheryl, I like your previous comment but I can’t find it on the forum. Steve cleaned it up and put all in one and will hopefully educate everyone to post in one forum for each course instead of 35 different ones like there was.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.