Home Forums Harvest Track Strategies for Spiritual Warfare

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Oladokun 1 day, 2 hours ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

After you complete each chapter you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lessons. (Please include the Lesson or Chapter number at the beginning of your comment. If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  stephenlawes.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  stephenlawes.

EvelynGardner
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare Chapter I
    I found the principle of basic understanding of spiritual warfare a very good thing to keep in mind, that all of the battles in my life (everyone’s actually) are manifestations of a spiritual cause. I would like to change the word cause to assault because I do recognize these attacks as malevolent and NOT from God. I liked the reminder of Job’s gracious acceptance of his terrible trials, still worshiping God even through his misery and sadness. The evil one certainly hates those of us who love God and His Kingdom and is more than happy to cause us spiritual and physical agony.

EvelynGardner
    Participant

Spiritual Warfare Chapter 2
    I realize that repentance is very much involved in Baptism. I am repentant and have turned away from sin. It is a daily decision for me and I renew my commitment to God many times every day. Satan keeps sneaking around trying to get me back. It is a little scary, well actually a lot scary. Especially now that I realize its not my imagination but very real. I am grateful to be able to join God’s Army and am anxious to learn what I can do to fight the evil one. I know I need to be Baptized and will do it when Pastor Steve has the next celebration. I misses the last one due to new job but no more excuses. I see from this chapter that repentance is dependent on Baptism

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 1

It is understood to me that spiritual warfare is a spiritual battle, and it must be understood with a spiritual mind, and that In our natural, sinful state, we can not understand spiritual things. That means I will have to be more devoted in Christ.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 2

The story of a prodigal son used as an illustration for what the conversion and repentance are give me more inspiration, because most often I do think that is possible to be forgiven any sin that is commuted but with this analysis via the prodigal son tells me that God has no interest in our sins but our save heart that stops committing sins, God is very lovely and gracious.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 3

I thank God for the grace being given to me that He makes it possible for me to walk with Him, because I was made to know in this chapter that God the Father is the commander of the spiritual forces of good which oppose the spiritual forces of evil, and that this is His special function in the realm of spiritual warfare.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 4

I love it so much for having opportunity to know more about angels especially, their classification, their attributes and even their sphere of activities and their ministries, This also tells me that God is very very great.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 5

Some people said they don’t have enemy but in this chapter I was made to know that we all have a spiritual enemy, a powerful force of evil known as Satan. Also I understand that to battle with the army of enemy, (Satan) we have to identify him, knowing some things about him like origin his former position, especially his fall, does not make me fear him as I did in the past, but to be more powerful in the Lord, because I believe Satan and his hosts could be overcome.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 6

It is a great advantage to know that the demons exist, because without knowing them one can not know how to deal with them,and I was taught that Unbelievers are defenseless against the attacks of demonic powers, but believers have powerful spiritual weapons and strategies for dealing with this mighty spiritual force of evil, praise the Lord, Hallelujah!

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 7

Thanks and glory be unto God Almighty that He sent Jesus to this world that He was crucified for the sins of all mankind and resurrected from the dead, and He reclaimed the world.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 8

I now believe I have a lot of reasons while I need to concentrate on the reading of my Bible because of what Satan will cause me to do to God, especially to question the Word of God and to add to, take from, or distort the Scriptures. With regard to Eve case, Satan deceived her to disobey God, so I have to study and understand God’s word, so that I will not be deceived.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 9

I was made to understand That when I align myself with the plan and purposes of Jesus by accepting Him as my Savior, I will become part of the army that wars against Satan, that the purposes of Jesus become my purposes and this sets me in a tactical position of direct opposition to the enemy.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 10

In this chapter I have got to know that the Holy Spirit is important in both offensive and defensive warfare, that the Holy Spirit knows the strategies of Satan and intercedes for believers engaged in battle, so it is very important for me to be filled with Holy Ghost.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 11

I will take this to heart that I am to lay aside worldly affairs which prevent me from being a good soldier, that to “lay aside”
    is defensive action I must take, though some of worldly things are very hard to do away with, I will have to comply if truly I want to be a good soldier for Christ.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 12

According to what I was taught in this chapter, that sword of the Spirit is the Word of God, and it is a weapon that can be used both defensively and offensively, that the Word is a defensive weapon when I use it to defend against the attacks of Satan, that It is offensive when I use it to claim territory for the Lord by sharing the Gospel message and deliverance with others has made me to be more determined to concentrate on the studying the word of God.

James Oladokun
    Participant

In this chapter I was made to understand that what is operating in the natural world is also operating in spiritual world especially with regard to warfare, and this tells me that I have a war to fight which is a spiritual battle, and so, I have to equip myself with the word of God which is sword of spirit, may Go Almighty help me.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 13

In this chapter I was made to understand that what is operating in the natural world is also operating in spiritual world especially with regard to warfare, and this tells me that I have a war to fight which is a spiritual battle, and so, I have to equip myself with the word of God which is sword of spirit, may God Almighty help me.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 14

I was made to understand that to walk in the Spirit means to let God’s Holy Spirit control my conduct and life, that the flesh is not more powerful than the spirit, that if I let the Holy Spirit manifest His power in me, He will quicken my mortal body of flesh, and with this I am happy that I gave my life to Jesus Christ.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 15

It is good for me as I could know that Satan uses circumstances of life to lead to depression, like a great loss or fear of loss, suppressed anger, a low self concept, unfulfilled expectations etc, but without studies one could hardly know that it is part of Satan’s strategy.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 16

knowing the fact that the tongue is powerful because of the effect it has on me, that I can snare myself with my own words,it can separate me from God, tells me that though tongue is small but it is the most dangerous part in the body and I will have to be more careful of using it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.