Home Forums Harvest Track Teaching Tactics

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  James Oladokun 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

After you complete each chapter you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lessons. (Please include the Lesson or Chapter number at the beginning of your comment. If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 1

I’ve got to understand that all mature believers should be involved in teaching others, so teaching and preaching by true believers are the methods God has chosen to reach the nations with the Gospel.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 2

I was made to understand in this chapter that Biblical teaching is empowered by divine agents, and this means there are spiritual powers
    behind such teaching, and It is not just the teaching of a man, but the divine agents of Biblical teaching are God the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 3

So far It is important that I am faithful to the commission of spreading the Gospel of the
    Kingdom because when I have completed the task, the kingdoms of this world will
    end, then l believe it is time for me to submit myself totally to the work of God.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 4

It is now clearer to me that the old dispensation refers to the way God dealt with mankind during the period recorded in the Old Testament, and it includes government by law and the various sacrifices for sin described in the book of Leviticus, and the new dispensation refers to the new way God dealt with mankind from the time of the earthly ministry of Jesus Chris, It is known as the period of grace during which the sacrifice for sin was made once and for all through the death of Jesus on the cross.This tells me more about how wonderful and amazing God is

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 5

From this chapter I learnt a great lesson that Jesus did not condemn those He taught. Instead, He showed them love and compassion.Jesus understood the reason behind every act and treated every one with love. The compassion of Jesus even led Him to intercession for the people to whom He ministered, so I have noted this.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 6

According to this chapter I came to know that Jesus used common objects and symbols with which His listeners were familiar to teach Biblical truths, so He used the lilies of the field and the birds to teach God’s care (Matthew 6:26-30), and He used fishing and harvesting to illustrate the need for laborers to reach the unsaved (John 4:35 and Matthew 4:19). When object lessons are used, they must be common objects or symbols with which the student is familiar. This signifies that Jesus is a great teacher and it taught me a great lesson which I should be following in teaching people the word of God, especially by making use of objects or symbols.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 7

I love what I came across in this chapter that I can use teaching aid to teach people the word of God, because it is an activity or project which helps students understand a certain Biblical truth.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 8

Analysis of audience which I learnt in this lesson gives me insight into how I should be teaching people. I enjoy the steps and guide which will enable me to teach people from any part of the world.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 9

As the Bible reveals that each believer has at least one spiritual gift, so It is the responsibility of the Christian teacher to help students discover their spiritual gifts.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 10

from this chapter, lesson planning is what interest me most where I came to know that there are some steps to follow, by which I have to prepare spiritually,
    study the lesson, analyse the audience, set objectives and outline The basic sections Of the lesson.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 11

I learnt from this chapter that I should not be discouraged by problems in the teaching situation, that I should Use them as opportunities to learn and improve my teaching tactics, that Problems can be corrected through prayer and change, that I can change to correct some problems, that Jesus did not give up on His disciples, He did not become discouraged by their faults and failures, He saw them as what they could become when they allowed the Holy Spirit to work in their lives.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 12

I was made to know that the most important thing to remember in curriculum selection is that curriculum written by man is not our final authority, that the Bible is the one and only authority for the Christian teacher, and that curriculum must be carefully examined to be sure it is doctrinally sound.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 13

The way I was taught in this chapter especially about how I can teach is quite amazing that if I am to teach the Gospel to every person, then I must have a plan to reach the illiterate, that I cannot reach everyone with the written message of God’s Word and I cannot assume they must learn to read before they can be reached with the Gospel.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 14

I love a teacher training program of which I was taught in this chapter what I must do to bring about spiritual multiplication, that teaching faithful men who are able to teach others was the plan of the Biblical plan of spiritual multiplication, and If I am to fulfill this plan, I must constantly be training
    teachers.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 15

In this chapter I could understand the difference between teaching and preaching which I didn’t know before. I was made to know that teaching is the act of instructing others while preaching is the act of delivering a discourse [a sermon or systematic examination of a subject] which instructs others in a formal manner.

James Oladokun
    Participant

Chapter 16

In this chapter I was made o understand that Just as I do in teaching, i must gain and hold the attention of the audience, and I must present the lesson in an orderly way, and as well I must make life and ministry applications in the sermon and I must call for response to the revelation of God’s Word.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.