Home Forums BLBi Track The Attributes of God

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  coopertlc123 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

garyslavin
    Keymaster

After you have listened to the lectures for each lesson you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lectures. (If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 1 The Greatness of God can not be understood or explained. He is incomprehensible. If we Christians could somehow understand God’s greatness, we would have better walks with Him and our lives would be more richly rewarded. Often times we disregard God’s greatness and try to do things on our own. Our prayer lives become a series of repetitions and we do not really seriously apply God’s greatness to our lives.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 2 The sovereignty of God is difficult for man to understand and or accept. God literally is in control and does what he wants, when he wants, how he wants, and does it for His pleasure. This goes against the grain of many but, if we think about it, we should rejoice. God is in control and as Jesus said, we should not worry about anything. We ALL need to learn to “Rest in the Lord”.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 3 The power of God is unique and unlimited. Three cases were cited as to the uniqueness of God’s power. 1) creation 2) God’s control of time, events and circumstances. 3) God’s care of His People. I think it is interesting that the birth of Isaac was used as an example of God’s unlimited power. I never really looked at it that way but I certainly agree.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 4 I will sum this up, If you fear the Lord you will keep His commandments. Too many churches are preaching that you are covered and you don’t really HAVE to keep His commandments. That is a sad truth.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 5 I think it is a great idea to Praise God for the things I perceive to be going wrong. He is in control so how can they really be going wrong.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory. Holy, holy, holy Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come. You are worthy, O Lord to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things and by You will they exist and were created. No one is holy like you, Lord, for there is none beside You, nor is there any rock like You, God.

The holiness of God. For He is holy indeed.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 7 David Hocking’s summary of worship, “Worship is the personal relationship of the believer with God that makes all other pursuits in life secondary”. That is an absolute truth. If we can come to that place in our lives then we can know that we get it.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 8 The number thing God wants from us is our praise. That is interesting because the number one thing most people want is praise. We must lose ourselves or die unto ourselves in order to praise God purely and without any motive. There is some good stuff in this lesson covering the marriage feast. We have the responsibility to get ourselves ready. Jesus said many will be called but few will be chosen.

coopertlc123
    Participant

While John 1 is truly the most inspirational scripture declaring the deity of Jesus, I see it being declared throughout the entire Bible. I get the Jehovah’s witness distortion of translation. A friend of mine and my daughter are Jehovah’s witnesses and I was given their bible translated from Greek to English. Their changes are slight and you have to look for them to see them. They certainly do have an enthusiasm to study the(ir) bible. I have often thought how sad. If they were Christians just think how much they would contribute to the Kingdom.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 10 The trinity of God is definitely difficult for me to understand. I have no problem believing but I have a problem visualizing and grasping the actual Godhead and Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit existing as one. But of course I also can not grasp how God created the earth. I have always believed in the trinity and basically I look at it as, one day when I get to heaven I may understand. If you continue to think about it too much, your mind can easily start going around and around.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 11 I do not agree with Hocking when he says there is no way to lose your salvation. There are way too many scriptures that contradict his statement. Too many to address in a post. Just wanted to say “I disagree”.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 12 The Hebrew word for faithful is “amen”, which also indicates reliability and dependability. I get that but I wonder, based upon that, what is the significance of closing prayer with “amen”.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 13 The mercy of God lesson shows us that the Bible shows us that the Lord is mercy which is who he is. With His mercy he keeps us from getting what we really deserve, which is hell.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 14 The patience of God leads to salvation. I like that. God’s longsuffering applies to those who do not believe nor ever will believe in Him. The Bible is clear that God can do what he wants, when He wants and why he wants. he is the sovereign God and we have no rights. We are His creation and we do not have the right to question His decisions. I am certainly ok with that. Look at it this way, we would not even exist had God not decided to create us.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 15 I will confess to all who read this that I have a sin in my life of failure to love my brothers. Often I dismiss it by saying, “They probably aren’t really brothers. Well how do I know they are really a child of God. If they were, they wouldn’t act like that so I don’t really have to love them.” I know this is wrong and the Bible tells us to confess our sins to one another. Pray for me, as I pray myself, that the fruit of love will be given to me by the Holy Spirit. As Hocking said, it is easy to love some but not so easy to love all.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 16 The glory of God is Who and What He is. All of His attributes together. When Jesus returns we will all, believers that is, be given glorious bodies which will be different from the bodies we now have. There will be no more sickness, sorrow, pain or death and we shall dwell forever in the house of the Lord which is Glory itself.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.