Home Forums BLBi Track The Doctrine of Christ (Christology)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DeNiece Kimbrough 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

garyslavin
    Keymaster

After you have listened to the lectures for each lesson you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lectures. (If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson:1 People in the Old Testament were saved by calling upon the Lord.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

People were saved by calling on The Lord in The Old TEstament before Jesus walked the earth.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Jesus is known by many names and He always existed.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 2 Jesus has existed forever. He created all things for Him and Jesus is an exact representation of God. All things were created from nothing and the things created from something was from stuff Gad had all ready created.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Jesus is God in the flesh.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 2

Jesus was in the beginning with God as He is God. John 1:1 Everything that was created He made.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 3 This is great. I was not aware of so much biblical proof of the pre-existence and deity of Jesus. My daughter is a Jehovah witness and I will be better able to discuss this with her.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

This is very good stuff isn’t it!

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 3

It is interesting to know about the Angel of the Lord. That is evidence of pre-existence.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson; 4 Interesting that Jesus was born where the lambs, without spot or blemish, were raised for the sacrifices in jerusulem and He died where the lambs were sacrificed.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Jesus Himself is the unblemished Lamb.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 4

I did’t know that it was a requirement ffor a Messiah to raise from the dead.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 5 This was a very thorough lesson on the Deity of Christ. It is something I will review many many times. It would be a good subject for a sermon.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 6 David Hocking lists six attributes that prove He is God. 1. He is eternal. 2. He is unchangeable. 3. he is omnipresent. 4. he is omnipotent. 5. he is perfect. 6. He is incomprehensible.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

I think nothing else needs to be said. Great comment

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

I learned about the immutability of God’s nature.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 7 Life begins at conception because Isaiah says it is the soul that sins and David said that in sin he was conceived. Therefore we have a soul at conception which makes us a live sanctioned person. God says that all souls belong to Him.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 8 It is amazing that many of the people who witnessed the miracles of Jesus, did not believe in Him. It seems to me that it would be very difficult to watch Lazarus come out of the grave and still not believe.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Yes, I don’t know why the apostles had a hard time believing to.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 8

Jesus performed an incalculable amount of miracles.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson; 9 Jesus’ death on the cross guarantees us of eternal life. To me that is the best thing in the entire bible.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 10 The differences on the resurrection as stated in the four gospels is an interesting study. I think I will need to look further and study it more before I can feel comfortable trying to explain it. It is a bit detailed.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Yes, the detailed accounts of the Gospels are worth studying.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 11 David Hocking spent a lot of time explaining the size of the stone at the tomb and how 11 men could not even budge it. What I am not clear on is Joseph rolled the stone up to the door of the tomb. Mathew 27:60

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Yes, that is evidence that the resurrection is authentic. Even the disciples couldn’t move the stone. What is there not to believe.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 11

I always believed that the resurrection was that of a literal body resurrection. That shouldn’t be hard to believe.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 12 David is talking about Satan being in heaven accusing us day and night. I think when this course is over that I am going to do a study on the where about of Satan. There are verses saying he was kicked out and verses indicating he has access both day and night. I think that would be an interesting study.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 13 I have heard most of the views on the rapture, and if Christians will go through it, several times. I can say that I hope we are raptured before the great tribulation but there are definitely good arguments for other positions. I actually believe that we will not go through the great tribulation. That position seems to be the most supported in the Bible.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

I’ve learned newfound things about the Rapture too.

DeNiece Kimbrough
        Participant

Lesson 13

I learned some things about the end times such as more than one resurrection.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 14 If I get this right, the Old Testament saints will not be raptured with the New testament saints. Those dead “in Christ” will rise and the old testament saints will rise at the second resurrection.

DeNiece Kimbrough
      Participant

Those that really believe will be resurrected first.

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Lesson 12

I think that it is good to know that the Lord is making intercession for us while in heaven.

DeNiece Kimbrough
    Participant

Lesson 14

The everlasting Kingdom of the Lord oh how a glorious event in time!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.