Home Forums BLBi Track The Doctrine of Salvation (Soteriology)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  coopertlc123 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

garyslavin
    Keymaster

After you have listened to the lectures for each lesson you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lectures. (If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson:1 Predestination is a belief that we were chosen before time as we know it began. The question to be wrestled with is of course, where does free will come into play. I am anxious to hear the rest of this.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson:2 Dr. Hocking interpreted 2 Samuel 12:23 as meaning David is in Heaven and so is his baby that died. He interpreted Genesis 15:6 as Abraham will be in heaven. I believe the latter. I do not believe that when we fie we immediately go to heaven. I will not go further into that right now.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 3 Grace is a gift from God that is provided for us even though we have done nothing to get it or deserve it. Without His grace we can do nothing.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 4 The gifts God has given us are supposed to be used to further his kingdom. Sometimes God will cause us peoblems in life in order to get our attention and to bring us back to Him.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 5 John 1:20 says that where sin abounded, grace did much more abound. grace will always outlast and overpower sin.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 6 The human body is not sinful, it is the soul that sins. Ezekiel 18:4 says …” the soul that sinneth, it shall die”. In Psalm 51:5 David remarks “In sin did my mother conceive me”. So sin is present at conception and since the soul, not the body is sinful, then we have to understand that life begins at conception.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 7 Sin is in our hearts and we can not blame anyone but ourselves when we sin. We sin because we chose to. God does not tempt us to do evil but Satan does. He tempts us with what he knows about the sin that is all ready in our hearts.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 8 In order to be victorious we must walk with God and enter into a lifestyle of depending upon God every day of our lives. We must confess our sins to Him and daily rely upon Him for support, strength and guidance. This is not a roller coaster ride or a sometimes thing, it is a life long commitment to follow God.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 9 This whole thing about predestination is intense. This must be one of the things we will not fully understand until we get to heaven. Its all most like we live in parallel universes. One happening now and the other all ready happened.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 10 I like the part about don’t preach your doubt. I would extend that to include, don’t preach your doubt or that which you do not understand. I have no doubt about the predestination, I just don’t clearly understand it. I kind of do but I don’t.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 11 Jesus died in the spirit first and then physically. Adam died the same way. The death of the spirit is separation from God. The moment Jesus died, he was separated from God by the sins he bore of man.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 12 When we are born again, we know it. Our thoughts, emotional responses and attitudes change. We do not need to be told we have been saved, we all ready know it. The change is absolute and we recognize immediately. It is not a process, it is a right now thing.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 13 Faith is crucial to the whole issue of salvation. But faith in what? Faith in yourself to be good and follow Gods commandments. No. faith in the written and spoken word of the Bible and Jesus Christ. Faith that He is going to do what he says He is going to do.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 14 We can grow in grace, knowledge and faith. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. The more we read our Bible and meditate on God’s word, the more our faith will grow.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson; 15 Repentance is a pre-requisite to faith and to salvation. Without it we are lost.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 16 Confession is another requirement for salvation. We must confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and we must confess our sins to God. Confession of our sins to God glorifies Him because we are admitting that we are wrong and He is right. he wants to hear our confessions.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson:17 Justification is the same thing as righteousness and comes by faith. This is the theme of the book of Romans.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 18 We can not be justified by the works of the law. Our faith is counted for righteousness.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 19 The three basic provisions of justification are (1) peace with God, (2) access into grace (3) salvation from wrath.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 20 Sanctified means set aside or put apart from. There are past sanctification, present sanctification and future sanctification. Past happened at your salvation, present is separation from power of sin and works in our lives through the Holy Spirit and future will be separation from the presence of sin upon the return of Jesus Christ.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 21 Glorification is the redemption of your body which happens when we meet Jesus in the clouds and receive our glorified bodies.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 22 There are three human responses required for true salvation to take place. Confession, repentance and faith.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.