Home Forums BLBi Track The History of Redemption

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  coopertlc123 12 months ago.

• Author

garyslavin
    Keymaster

After you have listened to the lectures for each lesson you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lectures. (If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 1: All 66 books of the Bible point to Jesus and the theme of every book is redemption. When we read and study the Bible, we should always ask, “How does this relate to the cross”.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 2: The thread of redemption is an exciting subject. To see how God works and has worked is an amazing thing. I like that Shirley said that God celebrates life at conception.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 3: The seven separations, God required of Abraham, are exactly the same issues we struggle with today. We struggle as individuals and as Shirley stated, the churches struggle with as well. It really is difficult to always know if God’s hand is in it or not. I struggle with that a lot.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 4: I never really thought about the wives of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as being all barren. Well, for the most part anyway. Jacob had his children from 4 different women. It is amazing that Jesus came from the seed of Judah, a quite seedy pregnancy.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 5: After Joshua died, the people disobeyed the laws and basically existed as twelve separate tribes as opposed to a nation. The judges performed crisis management and God kept redeeming His people as they ran the cycle of sin, oppression, crying out to God for deliverance and then salvation from God. This continued for 330 years. This truly shows God’s mercy.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 6: I now have a clearer understanding of Judges and the part about them wanting a King. I was not quite sure what God’s objection was. They wanted a worldly King, not one to rule for God. They were actually rejecting God.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 7: Solomon’s downfall was the beginning of the downfall of Israel. How could he have been so smart yet so dumb. It had to be influenced by God?

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 8: If you really think about it, Esther really played a huge role in the ability of the Israelites to be able to return to Judah. She saved them from Haman and was there to influence her son-in-law, the king, to allow them to return. Obviously, that is one of the reasons the Book of Esther is in the Bible

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 8: The instructor said that Jesus is building His church from heaven. I guess that is one way to look at it. I happen to see it more as Jesus is building His church from here on Earth, through the Holy Spirit who dwells here on earth within us.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 9: God is redeeming the world and reconciling the world unto Him. This is the gospel or good news. I couldn’t think of any news that could be better.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 10: The order, The rapture of the church, the introduction of the anti-Christ and the worship of the anti-Christ makes a lot of sense. That helps explain where all the saints in heaven come from. I am still a little fuzzy on where the Old Testament saints are.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 11: If God spoke to me with lightening, thunder and earthquakes, I would be scared half to death also. Interesting that God speaks seven times. Also that each method is different.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 12: Covenants and promises bring a lot of cohesion to the various Books and stuff the prophets and God say. It helps to have this study. I don’t think I could connect the dots without it. Really great.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 13: My view of the Bible is the Old and New are the same with qualitative differences and centered on the cross.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 13: The last part of this lesson, in Hosea, the instructor gives an excellent explanation of what we are seeing happening in the churches today. People are talked through a half hearted confession and half hearted repentance, without Godly sorrow. These people go out then thinking they are saved. This is a dangerous practice for pastors to perform.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson: 15: Jesus was here to fulfill the law. Not one bit will pass until He has fulfilled all that was prophesied. That would be after the second coming. We can’t believe for one minute that our salvation is guaranteed.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 16: It is very interesting how the epistles were explained. I also never really understood the seven churches in Revelations before now.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 17: I was disappointed that this one was so short. I always look forward to studies in Revelations. I did enjoy the breakdown of the book into showing what the chapters were all about.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 18: Wow. That was a lot to cover. I have an introduction to Covenant -vs- dispensational but I would definitely need further study to clearly understand the differences. I am glad he mentioned a couple good books.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.