Home Forums BLBi Track The Person and Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Tagged: 

This topic contains 70 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anthony Cortez 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

garyslavin
    Keymaster

After you have listened to the lectures for each lesson you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lectures. (If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 1. “And I will pray the Father and He shall give you another comforter, that He may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world can not receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.” John 14:16-17. The Holy Spirit is a person. If you do not understand this, then you can neither love Him or call upon Him when you are in need. He is one of the Trinity or God Head. In this verse, Jesus prays to the Father to send the Holy Spirit. This clearly identifies the Trinity and clearly differentiates the separate persons of the Godhead. The ability for man to fully grasp the concept of three separate persons being one God is non-existent. We are not capable of doing that. In this scripture, personal pronouns are used to reference the Holy Spirit. Three things are required to possess a personality, will, intelligence, and emotions. The Bible ascribes these characteristics to the Holy Spirit, making it clear that He is a person.

“Nevertheless, I tell you the truth, it is expedient for you that I go away. For if I do not go away the comforter will not come unto you. But if I depart, I will send Him unto you. And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment. Of sin because they believe not on Me, of righteousness because I go to My Father and you see me no more. Of judgment because the prince of the world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you but you can not bear them now. Howbeit, when He, the Spirit of truth has come, He will guide you into all truth, for He shall not speak of Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear that shall He speak and He will show you things to come. He shall glorify Me for He shall receive of Mine and shall show it unto you.” John 16:7-14

The Holy Spirit is intelligent, as shown in I Corinthians 2:9 …”for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God”….”the things of God knoweth no man but the Spirit of God”. Paul goes on to say in verse 13 “Which things also we speak not in words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but with the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual”. God reveals things to us by the Holy Spirit, who teaches those who have received the Holy Spirit.

The will of the Holy Spirit is clearly identified in I Corinthians 12:11 “But these worketh that one and selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will”. His emotions are identified in Romans 15:30 “Now I beseech you brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ’s sake and for the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me”. here again the Trinity is revealed. For Jesus Christ’s sake, for the love of the Holy Spirit and your prayers to God.

The Holy Spirit can be vexed, (Isaiah 63:10) and grieved (Ephesians 4:30). The Holy Spirit speaks in (Acts 13:12) (I Timothy 4:1) and (Revelation2:7). He intercedes for us in (Romans 8:26), He testifies (John 15:26). The entire scriptures are filled with attributes and actions of the Holy Spirit. he guides us, communes with us, strives with us, works miracles, He can be lied to as in Ananias (Acts 5:3), resisted, and blasphemed.

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

I am looking forward to a deeper relationship with The Holy Spirit. This course has already given me a fire in my heart to go much deeper in my understanding of The Holy Spirit.

Anthony Cortez
      Participant

Lesson 1:
      The Holy Spirit is missing in the CHURCH today. I am excited to take this journey in learning more about the Holy Spirit and what He can accomplish through us in the church today.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 2 The tri-unity of God is a mystery. “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit; seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into Glory.” I Timothy 3:16. The Holy Spirit has been around forever. In Genesis 1 In the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” All three persons of the Godhead took part in the creation. The Hebrew word used here for God is “Elohim”, which is plural. “El” is the Hebrew singular noun for God. John 1:1-3 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. And all things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made.”

The tri-unity of God was identified by Isaiah in his prophecy of the Messiah. Isaiah 48:16 The Lord said, “Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me”. Two of the most profound verses identifying the trinity are Acts 10:38 and I John 5:7. The Holy Spirit possesses divine attributes. He is eternal ( Hebrews 9:14) He is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-10), He is omniscient (I Corinthians 2:10), He is omnipotent (Luke 1:35). The Holy Spirit is identified, is referred to and plays an active role in the Godhead Throughout the Old Testament and the New Testament.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 3 The Holy Spirit reproves the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. The Holy Sprit was striving with men, in the days of Noah, and convicting them of their sins. he was working in the world reproving, or convicting them of their sin and they closed their hearts and minds and rejected Him. In genesis chapter 6, God warns them. “It is not going to always be. My Spirit will not always strive with man. This is applicable today. If one continually rejects the Holy Spirit, there will come a day when the Spirit ceases and God’s judgment is eminent, as in the time of the great flood. In Zechariah 7:12 they also hardened their hearts as an adamant stone so they could not hear the words of the Holy Spirit speaking through the prophets. We must be careful in resisting the conviction of the Holy Spirit because we know that he will become vexed or grieved and stop the striving. This always leads to God’s judgment.

Some believe that the continual rejection of the Holy Spirit is the sin of blasphemy against Him. This is the sin that will ultimately send one to hell. On judgment day the books will be opened and you will be judged by your works, but the second book is the lamb’s Book of Life. If you reject the Holy Spirit, your name will not be in this book and you will be cast into hell. This means that the ultimate refusal to accept Jesus Christ as your savior becomes the unpardonable sin. If the Holy Spirit gives up on you, if you reject him too long, if you harden your heart and mind so you can no longer hear him, you are in danger of damnation.

Sin is doing the wrong thing. Righteousness is doing the right thing. The holy Spirit reveals to all the world, the difference between right and wrong. This is also written upon the hearts of all mankind. Jesus is the ultimate guide and model of righteousness and His ascention to heaven verified that.

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

I love the depth you go into when commenting. This is such a wonderful lesson in getting to know more about the trinity.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 4 The Holy Spirit is the restraining force against evil in the world. There will be a final battle between Jesus and Satan before Jesus establishes God’s kingdom here on earth. The antichrist and the kings of the armies of earth will rise and make war on Jesus. (rev 19:19). Satan, the prince of this world, will give great power and authority to the antichrist. This is similar to the power and authority he tempted Jesus with but unlike Jesus, the antichrist will take it. Satan has this power to give to the antichrist because this world is his to rule. Luke When God created the earth, He gave dominion of it to man. In his act of disobedience, man surrendered dominion over the earth to Satan. Romans 6:16, Know ye not that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience unto righteousness.” Adam became a servant to Satan by yielding to him in disobedience to God which resulted in Satan gaining dominion over the earth.

The good news is that God sent Jesus to redeem the world back to God. Jesus’s death on the cross paid the price for redemption of this world. The bad news is that we do not see that redemption of the world yet. Jesus has not taken possession of that which he all ready paid for. In Hebrews 2:8 we read, “Thou hast put all things in subjection under His feet. For in that he put all things in subjection under Him, He left nothing that is not put under Him. But now we see not all things put under Him”. Jesus has given us the Holy Spirit as proof of His purchase, redemption and control. In Revelation chapter 5, Jesus is taking out the scrolls and His worthiness is declared. This happens in the future. God has His reasons for leaving Satan in control and He protects those who want to live for Him by the empowering of the Holy Spirit.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 5 We are baptized into the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit upon conversion. We are baptized with the Holy Spirit by Jesus, which could happen upon conversion, hours to days to unknown amount of time after conversion. The primary purpose of this baptism is to empower believers for service to the kingdom of God. This baptism also represents the overflowing of the Spirit which in essence overflows from you to affect the people around you.

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

This seems a bit frightening and exciting at the same time. I guess for me I just want to help increase the kingdom so as many of our brothers and sisters go to heaven with us as possible. I don’t want anyone left behind. But that is not my call. And I pray that the believers are gone long before the suffering begins.

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

Lesson 4

The Holy Spirit is is the restraining force between good and evil in the world. Satin is putting his plan in place for the Antichrist to take over and rule the world, which the Bible talks about in Rev. We are hearing talk of a One world gov., One world bank and we are actually moving more and more towards a cashless society with credit cards pay pal ect. It seems most everything is in place for the take over. The Holy Spirit though the workings of the church continues to keep the prince of darkness at bay until God decides to call us home.
      This seems a bit frightening and exciting at the same time. I guess for me I just want to help increase the kingdom so as many of our brothers and sisters go to heaven with us as possible. I don’t want anyone left behind. But that is not my call. And I pray that the believers are gone long before the suffering begins.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 6 Baptism of the Holy Spirit can happen at the time of conversion or anytime after. Great powers can be displayed at the time of the baptism or they may not be displayed. God does not have a pattern and we should not aspire to receive the same experience as others. We should accept that God works in His own way and we need to be receptive to that.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 7 Man is a threefold being, mind, body and spirit. Man can experience emotional thirst, physical thirst and spiritual thirst. Spiritual thirst is what Jesus was referring to in John 7:37

sheilawiedenheft
      Participant

I find it interesting that man is a also is a three fold being. Mind, body and spirit. God also is a three Father, Son and Holy Spirit

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 8 I think this lesson speaks a great deal to a general lack of recognition and acceptance of the Holy Spirit. I hear a lot about God and even a lot about Jesus, but Jesus said in John that He was leaving us and another comforter would be sent by the Father. This other comforter is the holy Spirit and He is the one we should be having a relationship with. He is the one living inside us and he is the one teaching and guiding us. Understanding that the father, Son and Holy Spirit are one, we still have to see how they are differentiated throughout the entire Bible. I believe there is a reason for that and we should embrace the Holy Spirit as the one designated for our personal relationship.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 9 One of the things we receive from the Holy Spirit is empowerment to be witnesses unto Jesus. One of the best ways to witness is to let your life be a witness. this can’t be done without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. “Holy Spirit, I pray that people will see Jesus in me and in my life. I ask you to utilize your infinite power to enable me to live the life that will honor Jesus and show people how we are to live”

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 10 When we first give our lives to God, we do not know what to do or how to be good Christians. The holy Spirit teaches us and guides us, (providing we are following, listening and trying to walk with God). As time goes on, we should be growing in our knowledge and understanding and our lives should begin to show it. Our ultimate goal should to become fully matured and become like Christ.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 11 Another thing the Holy Spirit does for us is He enhances our prayer life. The cycle of prayer is that prayer begins in the heart of God, His purposes; His will; and His desires which are placed upon the hearts of true believers. As He places His desires into my heart, I then pray and the desires of my heart are given because they are God’s desires so all desires are in complete harmony.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 12 The Holy Spirit dwells within us therefore making our bodies the temple of the Holy Spirit. We do not own our bodies. We have been redeemed and purchased by the blood of Jesus. When we are filled with the Spirit we should demonstrate the fruits of the Spirit in our lives. Committing sins will only grieve the Spirit which we should not do. Ephesians 4, 5, and 6 are very clear about how we are to live our lives and the dangers of living in sin.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 13 The gifts of the holy Spirit are many and varied but all come from one God, the same God. There are also many variations of each gift but still they came from the same God. We should understand that we will not all receive the same gifts or in the same way but all gifts are for the benefit of the entire church. The church must stay united and not criticize the ways and means of worship by others. God will take care of that. We must not lose sight of the true enemy, Satan. Fellow Christians and neighboring churches are not our enemies, Satan is the enemy and we need to understand that.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 14 The gift of wisdom is totally different than a gift of knowledge. knowledge is the collection of facts and wisdom is the proper application of that knowledge. God will give us wisdom if we ask Him for it. It is more like asking for it in every situation than it is possessing a vast amount of wisdom and going around displaying or giving out wisdom.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 15 The word of knowledge is a gift from the Holy Spirit and is knowledge given that could not have been known otherwise. This gift of knowledge is given only as the holy Spirit desires and can’t be tapped into at will. Both old and new testament examples of this gift are throughout.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 16 Saving faith is the gift we receive when we are saved. This is a different faith than healing faith or faith in God for miracles. The healing faith can grow as we learn to trust in God. This faith is not readily available to perform healing at will but only given at specific times according to God’s will. If you are not healed then you can rely upon God’s grace that He will give you the grace to endure.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 17 The gift of healing is received when God heals you. This happens only when God choses to do so. We are healed by His stripes and the bread representing His body are connected in that we could possibly be healthier and more people healed if we recognized the significance of the body that was broken for us.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 18 The gift of prophecy should be exercised in an orderly fashion. Too often people speak their own thoughts in the name of God

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 19 Chuck Smith says that the reason people aren’t given the gift of miracles today is because we would not be able to handle the attention and fame that would result from the miracles. I would say there is probably a lot of truth to that.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 20 Discernment of spirits is a very important gift. many false prophets are out there telling almost the right information, talking about a way that seems right but leads to damnation. False prophets are also fleecing the flock and trying to convince people that somehow by giving money, god will make them rich.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 21 Speaking in tongues is one of the most controversial gifts of the Holy Spirit. Good Christiana and children of God gave many different understandings of this gift. I have thought about this often. I wonder why this was not pres.ented in a fashion that could be understood by all believers. Of course, some might say that it is understood by all believers. Those that speak in tongues are true believers. I heard Jimmy Swaggert say that in a sermon

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 22 I have heard people speak in tongues, in churches, and then interpret their own speaking. It would be nice to get feed back on this. I have also heard ministers, while laying hands upon people, say things that are supposedly being said by God. They say things like “I am your God” as they preface the things they are saying. From what I am learning, that does not sound right either.

stephenlawes
      Keymaster

I think you might enjoy a book called The Beauty Of Spiritual Language by Jack W. Hayford. It is my favorite book on the subject. I would be happy to share my thoughts when you return. Blessings!

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 23 Those that speak in tongues should not look down upon those that don’t and those that don’t speak in tongues should not look down upon those that do. A spiritual gift has no value if it does not produce love. At the end of the day, we are all children of God (believers) and we are to love one another and teach each other as we strive to be more like Jesus.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 24 The sessions on speaking in tongues and interpretation have mostly confirmed what I have all ready believed. There are still questions but I will say that this study has given me a different perspective on the churches that incorrectly exercise the gifts. I see that they are not necessarily bad and that many love the Lord. They are just incorrect in their application. I have always been suspicious of these churches and basically I have stayed clear and many times I have been quite judgmental.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 25

The gift of helps is one of the most important gifts. Without people with this gift, many pastors and churches would struggle and probably would not do as well as they are doing. Your motive must be pure. If you are helping with something and you seek or desire praise from people, you will have received your reward from those people instead of from God in heaven. If you are resentful about your task then you would be better off not to do it at all. That turns a potential positive into a negative. We all can have the gift of helps and we should perform them joyfully unto the Lord. As we are faithful in small things the Lord will bless us and give us greater things to do.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 26 The gift of teaching is necessary to help bring knowledge that will help bring Christians into full maturity. Once the foundation of faith and the gospel of Jesus have been preached, believers need to be taught how to live and grow in Jesus. This can’t be done without the direct teaching by the Holy Spirit to the teacher.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 27 A man who is not led by god or the Holy Spirit is not fit to lead. Ultimately he will become corrupt. This has been proven in history, over and over again. It is still being proven to be true today. In my opinion, a democratic form of government will only work under Godly leaders and a Godly society. Otherwise, as is happening now, people end up doing what is right in their own minds and they regress as the Israelites did in judges. Pray for our nation. We are heading for destruction unless God intervenes.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 28 The gift of exhortation is indeed a necessary gift. I would say that most of us get discouraged, procrastinate or sometimes just wander off from God. We need people to push us, to pump us up and to remind us of why we are here and what it is all about. We need to be doers and not just hearers and exhorters help keep us on track.

coopertlc123
    Participant

The gift of giving includes more than money. I have never thought about it that way. God tells us to give Glory to His name; give thanks unto Him; and to give to the poor. He promises to bless those that give but if you are giving to receive a blessing, I am not so sure you will be blessed. You have to give from your heart for the sake of giving. No motives except love.

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 30 I guess we should all think long and hard about our capacity and distribution of mercy. On judgment day the Lord will show us the same mercy we show unto others. WOW

coopertlc123
    Participant

Lesson 31 receiving the gifts of the Holy Spirit requires that you ask and receive in faith. We do not need to expect a supernatural sign. As we continue to walk and grow in the Spirit, there will be many times the gifts will be manifested in our lives.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

The 3rd person of the Godhead is first mentioned in Gen. Elohim is plural in the Hebrew language. So from the very begining we can see that there has always been The Father The Son and The Holy Spirit. In Gen. The Word tells us the earth was void and with out form. God sends His Holy Spirit to hover over the waters. Many times in the bible God is spoken of in threes. Ex. Holy holy holy is the Lord God almighty. Why do you think Holy is mentioned three times in this passage? So when you baptize one another do it in the name of The Father The Son and The Holy Spirit. The list could go on and on but for this lesson in the forum I think the point has been made. I can’t wait to get on to the next lesson!

Anthony Cortez
      Participant

I feel the Holy Spirit is the forgotten part of the trinity. People today do not speak much about the Holy Spirit. However, the Holy Spirit is the game changer in the church today.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

Lesson 3

I love the way this lesson speaks on the differences between the Old and New Testaments. How The Holy Spirit is our guide under the New Covenant. When we feel a nudging or convicted not condemned about something we have done. Also The Holy Spirit was given selectively and temporarily to certain individuals for special ministries. a good example of this is in Psalms 5111 make sense in the light. 1 Samuel10:5-13, where the Holy Spirit came upon Saul, enabling him to serve as king of Israel. We know then that in 1 Samuel 16:14 and 18:10 that The Holy Spirit departed from Saul and was replaced by an “evil spirit”. This list could go on but I think we get the drift. The Holy Spirit was not permanent nor was it universal as it is today. Again the more I learn about the Law of the old covenant the more I appreciate grace!

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

sheilawiedenheft

Participant
    Lesson 4

The Holy Spirit is is the restraining force between good and evil in the world. Satin is putting his plan in place for the Antichrist to take over and rule the world, which the Bible talks about in Rev. We are hearing talk of a One world gov., One world bank and we are actually moving more and more towards a cashless society with credit cards pay pal ect. It seems most everything is in place for the take over. The Holy Spirit though the workings of the church continues to keep the prince of darkness at bay until God decides to call us home.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 5

In this lesson I love how the Bible tells us that Jesus breathed on His disciples and said ” Be filled with the Holy Spirit”. I also enjoy the fact that we are being called by the Holy Spirit before we receive Christ, and that when we receive Christ we are then filled with the Holy Spirit. I still remember that calling of the Spirit gently calling me to ask Him in. And I could never forget the moment I did ask. The Holy Spirit came into me! What a glorious memory! I really had no idea what just happened I was so overwhelmed and crying out for joy. I was fortunate enough to have a Christian woman next to me and she said to me ” you just got saved girly!” My prayer was in silence, but I guess there was no doubt to this believer what had just happened.I do not understand how something that felt so good, why I would grow complacent and just let the fire I once felt so strong slowly fade to a flicker of a candle at best. I’m getting excited and am ready for the next lesson! God light my fire please.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 6

One of the things that stuck out to me in this lesson was that there is a difference between receiving the Holy Spirit and being baptized in The Holy Spirit. That when we are saved we receive the Holy Spirit. But that being baptized in the Holy Spirit can happen with each person in a different way and on an individual level.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 7

I love how this teacher relates how you physical body had a built in component that lets your body know when it needs water, you become thirsty. And the more your body needs water the more desperate you feel until you can think of nothing else.
    Now our Father has also built in us a spiritual component that will give us a spiritual thirst that can only be quenched by God. We may try to satisfy this thirst with every physical thing we can think of. But we will never be satisfied until we drink of the living water of the word of God. As Jesus said…if any man thirst let him come unto me and drink of this living water he will never thirst again.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 8

Jesus tells us that at times The Holy Spirit speaks though us. That the Holy spirit will teach us all things and then bring to our mind all things. An example of this is when we are talking or praying with someone and a scripture will enter our mind and perhaps we didn’t even realize we knew this scripture.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 9

One of the things in this lesson that stands out to me is how Jesus came to show us God, how God walks, thisnk, acts and reacts to this world. Because Jesus said I do nothing except The Father tells me to do it.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 10

One of the things in this lesson that stands out to me is that The Holy Spirit is in us to guide us. To let us feel when we are pleasing to The Father. And to let us feel convicted NOT CONDEMNED when we are missing the mark so that we can get back on track.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 11

In this lesson the author is speaking on the ways The Holy Spirit will guide us in our prayer life. Sometimes we can just ask how am I to pray, or often I will feel an uneasy feeling inside and I am instructed to “go to my prayer closet” or for me find a quite place and get alone with God. As I set there and listen for the instruction of The Holy Spirit to guide me in prayer. Sometimes The Holy Spirit will pray through you with groanings we do not understand. I am so glad to have The Holy Spirit dwelling inside of me. Helping me to mature in Christ.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 12

In this lesson we are told that we have been bought with a price! Praise God for the comfort that it brings me to know that I have been bought and paid for! That God Himself see’s me worthy of the ultimate price of the Son of God and the sacrifice that is beyond my understanding. I have been bought by the precious blood of Jesus. I am the property of God! A servant as undeserving as I am The King of Kings has seen me worthy. Not by anything I have done but what His Son has done for me.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 13

Speaks on the many gifts given us by the holy Spirit. And that these gifts are given by God. We will not all have the same gifts, and they will be given in various degrees.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 14

This lesson speaks about seeking not only knowledge but the wisdom to use this knowledge. For having knowledge without the wisdom to use it can be very damaging.
    Perhaps God has given you the gift of dreams and visions and you receive a vision about someone, you must listen to the Holy Spirit for guidance on if or when to reveal this to the person. Perhaps this has been revealed to you only to guide you in prayer.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 15

How wonderful to know that we have been bought by a price. And that God has put His mark on us by depositing the Holy Spirit in us. He will be coming back for us.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 16

One part of this lesson that stuck out to me in this lesson is the saving grace of faith. That when we believe in the promises of God. That God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. That whosoever believe in Him shall not perish but have ever lasting life.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 17

This lesson speaks on healing. Throughout biblical history as far back as Genesis 17 God recorded as healing Abimilic and his wife and his maidservants.Over and over in the bible God tells us if there is any sick among you let him call on the elders of the church and let them pray to me over you.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 18

The gift of profacy has been a part of Gods people speaking gods word unto Gods people. Or it may be that God is revealing insight into the future. One with this gift must be careful not to speak out what is revealed unless he is guided by The Lord to do so.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 19

The working of miracles. A miracles are something that is humanly impossible yet divinely easy. Even Paul preaches why should you think it incredible that God could raise the dead. The same God who breathed life into clay, and created everything that is should have no problem healing the sick, or raising the dead. There are numerous recorded miracles in the bible. Why is it that now we try to limit God?

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 20

This one is so very important. The discernment of spirits. There are so many false prophets out there, this is why it is so important to spend time listening for Gods voice and developing a relationship with God. For God says my sheep shall know my voice. It is also important that we fact check things we are told to us against what it says in the bible so that we will not be led astray.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 21

This lesson is one one very touchy subject. The gift of tongues is very controversial, some churches believe is the speaking and interpretation of tongues. Some believe in praying in tongues. Some do not believe in this gift at all. As a child I have sat through many an argument as to the meaning of this gift.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 22

What stood out to me in this lesson was when he was speaking on 1 Cor. 12:7-11 On the division of the gifts of the spirit and how they are only given in part. But there is a day coming when there will be no more need for the gifts of the spirit because the Spirit and the kingdom of God will be given in full! Oh what a glorious day that will be!

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 23

I was raised in a family very much divided on the issue of speaking in tongues. But I can say that even in the church and family members that believed and spoke in tongues we were taught not to envey those with this gift for it is given by the Father as He chooses. If we wished to have this gift and did not have it we were to pray about it. Perhaps it would be given perhaps not. That was up to God.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 24

When involved in the interpretation of tongues one must be very careful and be sure that the interpretation was in alignment with the Word of God. One instance a lady stood up and kept repeating His bones were broken. That is in direct conflict with The Word of
    God. So we were told this was a false message and this woman was not to be judged, but this message was not true, so we waited for another person to interpret. Which I must say was a little confusing to an 8 yr old. But I just believed what I was told weather I understood it or not.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 25

Paul speaks of the many members of the body, which is all of us, but only one body. This speaks to the importance of every member of the body. It takes all of us to make the body of Christ.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 26

The gift of teaching is first mentioned in Ex. 4:12 When God tells Moses; Now therefore go and I will be with you and I will use your mouth. Those who teach the Word of God are to be held to a standard. James 3:1-2 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged by a greater strictness.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 27

A man must be called by God to lead or teach. If a man tries to lead on his own understanding, and not by Gods calling so he will be led by the spirit of God he will soon be full of himself. His ego will take over and he will begin to glorify himself and not The Father. The Father has a job for all of us, just know that we are all important as in the previous lesson.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 28

In this lesson I love the way the teacher speaks on all of the ways our ego will try to talk us out of our gifts. Satan really knows how to work on our ego. We may be thinking God look at all I am doing yet you are not blessing me as much as you are blessing him. He doesn’t serve you nearly as much as I do. Or we may feel that we are unworthy of the gifts that God is blessing us with. We seem to forget that we are receiving a “gift” all we need to do is receive it. There is absolutely nothing we could possibly do to receive the grace of God.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 29

There are so many ways of giving it does not have to be monetary, Jesus gave His life for us. We can give of our time, our knowledge, our money, mercy. There are so many ways to give but When you give you should do so without expectation.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 30

I was touched by this lesson on mercy.We have been shown the ultimate mercy’s. Where he speaks on those who show mercy should do so with cheerfulness. Often people will try to show you mercy but all the while try making you feel guilty and as if you owe them.That is certainly not the kind of mercy Christ has shown us. We are to build each other up and encourage each other.

sheilawiedenheft
    Participant

LESSON 31

I love this promise and instruction. When the people realized they had crucified the Son of God, the people ask what shall we do? The answer is repent, be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Sounds pretty simple. But the rewards are beyond our imagination as we begin our journey with The Father the Son and The Holy Spirit.

Anthony Cortez
    Participant

Lesson 1:
    Wow there are a lot of lessons in this class. I guess there is a lot of information on the Holy Spirit. I can’t wait to learn all I can about the third person of the trinity.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.