Home Forums Harvest Track Women: A Biblical Profile

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  patriciakuhn 1 year ago.

• Author

stephenlawes
    Keymaster

After you complete each chapter you need to post a comment about something that you found interesting. You also need to post a follow-up comment on two(2) other students comments on the lessons. (Please include the Lesson or Chapter number at the beginning of your comment. If there are no other students comments in the topic then you only need to post your own comment).

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  stephenlawes.

Christina Harcharik
    Participant

Regarding Chapter One: So many times “liberated” women feel that the Bible does not speak of equality but of subjection, of domination. Women were created with same love and devotion, the same care as the man. to be loved and cared for. WE were created as one with man, heart beat for heart beat, breath for breath. WE are man’s help meet; meeting half way to give our mate love and companionship,WE are created to be committed to one another, helping each other care for what the Father has created for us.

patriciakuhn
      Participant

I agree that liberated women feel this way, but many women in my family do not feel that woman are equal to man but are to be dominated by man instead of meeting half way. They use other scripture in the bible to back up their views so they cannot have any opinions about anything which causes a lot of resentment between themselves and their husband.

Christina Harcharik
    Participant

Chapter 2: The Fall of Woman
    Regarding sin. Sin has a domino effect, depending on which way the pendulum swings. To resist temptations of sin , to be in the right/wrong place . Resist even conversating with Satan he’ll only twist the truth and if our are weak enough to believe there in will be your downfall. Resist the temptaion to miminize sin. As there is no white lies, no sin is white, no sin is small. Sin is destructive not only to you , but those that become involved in it.

patriciakuhn
      Participant

I agree that we find ways to minimize sin or to justify it.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 1-It interested me to find out that the origination of the word “woman” means “she-man” or “joined to man”. Also, that the word “help mate” used in relationship to a man and a woman directly correlates to God being a “help mate” to his people.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 2-It impacted me how from the beginning, no one was willing to be honest and admit that they were wrong concerning eating the forbidden fruit…Eve blamed the serpent and Adam blamed God for giving him Eve because she persuaded him to eat the fruit.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 3-I understand now why proverbs was written the way that it was when it was explained that the word proverbs means “a brief saying instead of many words”. Also, amazing that King Solomon spoke 3,000 proverbs. Interesting that a woman considered apart from God is referred to as “strange”.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 4-It impacted me that Ruth went with her mother-in-law instead of going back to her family which would have been so much easier for her to do after her husband died.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 5-It is wonderful how God places people in the right place at the right time as he did with Esther and Boaz and that it came about from Naomi recognizing God’s plan concerning this. If we all could just be still and tell God that we are available and want him to use us in this way, the world would definitely be a better place and our lives be more rewarding.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 6-I found it interesting that the instructor said that the teaching of Christ was “sexless” because nowhere does he give instructions applicable to women only and there are only a few instructions to his disciples that are only for men in Matthew concerning lust, adultery, divorcing a wife and hypocrisy.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 7-I like the description of the word parable as “an earthly story with a heavenly meaning”. Also I did not realize that the parables about the lost sheep, coin and son were partly to answer an accusation that the Pharisees had made against him when they said he was receiving sinners and eating with them, which Jewish people were forbidden to do.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 8-Regarding women and ministries, the book of Acts shows that they were members of the Church, recipients of the Holy Spirit, they prophesized, and they were intercessors in prayer.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 9-Reminded me of how the 27 books of the New Testament were made up of 4 major divisions:
    1st=The Gospels of the life and ministry of Jesus, the 4 books (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)
    2nd=The formation of the early church (Acts)
    3rd=The 14 Epistles written by Paul and the 7 books that
    were named for the people who wrote them (example=James)
    4th=The book of prophesies (Revelations)

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 10-This chapter shows no barriers to women’s ministry in the church. If women were to keep silent, how could they organize and have church in their homes as Lydia did? If women were not leaders in the church, Paul would not have sent commendations and salutations to them in the Epistles. There are no cultural or class barriers to God. There is neither male or female in Christ. Paul gave detailed instructions on how women were to prophesy. Every ministry open to men is open to women also.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 11: Interesting that some believers have taken 1 Timothy 2:13-15 to mean that women who have not had children will not be saved, when it just means that God used Mary to give birth to Jesus who came to save us. That is how we are saved by childbirth.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 12-This chapter gave a lot of information concerning how to find your place in ministry, concerning spiritual gifts and talents. We must understand that there is a big difference between gifts and talents. A talent is something that you inherited at birth or learned through training. The source of a spiritual gift is the Holy Spirit, but a persons talent could become a gift after the person becomes a believer.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 13-I had never recognized all the special distinctions of biblical women:
    1) Mary-mother of the Messiah
    2) Anna-recognized Jesus as the Messiah at the temple when he was a baby-she was first to preach redemption to the Jews
    3) Samaritan woman at the well-Jesus revealed who he was so she was the first to receive the revelation-she preached to the Gentiles
    4) First cross-cultural evangelists-Anna to the Jews and Samaritan woman to the Gentiles
    5) Women were the last people remaining at the Cross
    6) Women were the first at the Tomb
    7) Women were the first to tell of the resurrection
    8) Mary Magdalene was the first to see Christ after the resurrection
    9) The first European convert was Lydia

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 14-There needs to be ministries to women because women make up 1/2 of the world population, women need to grow spiritually, women have specific problems different than men, and women have a special place in God’s plan and need to understand their purpose, know their potential and their place of ministry.

patriciakuhn
    Participant

Chapter 15-Interesting fact: There are 191 women either named in the Bible or referenced to (such as Pilate’s wife or the Samaritan woman).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.